All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Company and Offshore

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of fenpubfenpub
    @fenpub

Is it possible to setup a company within Australia, buy Real Estate but have the money come from overseas?

Does anyonknow things to do with the Foreign Investment Board?

Any help appreciated, unfortunatly rather urgently.

Helena
    0423-135-996

Helena Andrewatha

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Helena

I think your company can borrow money from anywhere – that’s up to it. The FIRB issue only comes in when it’s ownership of the assets. As Rob says, your company is a resident, so it’s not an issue.

Hope this helps. My offer to you still stands [:)]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

What happened to Rob’s post?

I think it is OK too. I know of people who have purchased properties for cash with the money coming from o/s and they did not need to go thru the FIRB.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of SaskatoonSaskatoon
    Participant
    @saskatoon
    Originally posted by fenpub:

Is it possible to setup a company within Australia, buy Real Estate but have the money come from overseas?

Helena
    0423-135-996

Helena Andrewatha

Helena,
    be sure that you use the best entity to purchase property. Advice on the forum has been that a company is the worst entity to hold real estate for most investors.
    Do your research, and get professional advice!!
    Terry

Terence McMahon
    HomeWin
    Finance

Profile photo of GreatPigGreatPig
    @greatpig
    Originally posted by The Mortgage Adviser:

I don’t consider using a company as the worst entity to hold real estate

I think it is the worst entity for holding any appreciating assets that will give capital gain, as you can’t pass the 50% CGT concession through a company.

For purely income investments it may not be such a big deal, although it is probably still better to hold those in a trust and just have the company as a beneficiary. The trust gives much more flexibility for distributing income and better asset protection.

GP

Profile photo of VaslavVaslav
    @vaslav

shoudn’t be a problem so long as ur company is resident, meaning the director are australian residents. FIRB will only look into any investment set up by Foreigners, non-Australian, so if you have most of your directors that are non-australian residence ( citizen or PR ) then you will require FIRB approvals.

As for funds, it’s the same no matter where u get it from, after all, u’re allowed to borrow from overseas banks anyway. so that is not a problem

There’s no Such thing as No Can’t Do!!!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.