All Topics / Help Needed! / Wrapping Dilema

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of UKSaintsUKSaints
    @uksaints

With respect to Wrapping. I have read Steve’s book and would like to purchase the wrap kit BUT, I am not in a position today to purchase BUT, I do have equity burning a hole in scorching pocket. I purchased some land in Aus which has appreciated and when construction is complete, it will have gained approx $80k in equity. I am toying with investing in woop woop towns where it appears cashflow properties are available, NZ, or in some new land with a view building another cash flow + property and expecting a marginal cap gain (not advised but potentially effective)

I want to be aggressive and build up a portfolio as quickly as possible. My question is this – With respect to wrapping, if you negotiate higher than normal rentals and a sell price at 15% above current market valuation, can you borrow against that valuation to leverage into another property? So, effectively re-using that money to secure another one.

This sounds too good to be true and Im sure some humbling person is going to tell me so…

My other predicament is whether or not to use all the equity in small cashflow + props. If I do follow this route though, am I not hampering myself by not having more equity to leverage as growth will be minimal and only cashflow to re-invest will be the return on rents which is marginal on a slow number of props…

If these have been covered umpteen times before, I aplogise but I can not afford to buy the wrap pack just yet… I will soon though!

Mark

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash
    can you borrow against that valuation to leverage into another property? So, effectively re-using that money to secure another one.

This sounds too good to be true and Im sure some humbling person is going to tell me so…

Sorry buddy, but you cannot borrow against a house that you have onsold to another person, the capital growth becomes the new owners gain.

Cheers
    Leigh K[biggrin]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.