All Topics / General Property / just starting

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of MJTMJT
    @mjt

Hello people,
    Just finished the book – GREAT! I’ve read heaps of others but this is definately the ducks guts for Aussie readers.

My wife and I have just spent the last 18 months renovating (top job by the way) and are about to sell and buy on the river in the area a massive home with huge renovating potential. We also recently bought a buy&hold that pays for all bar about $65/mth. While I realise that this is not positive, there is a definate big growth in the area.

Recently we went to buy on 1 title, 2 single person units for pensioners which would sneak over breaking even. My mortgage broker turned me down as he said my current IP is taking up too much service-ability.

Is this right? Surely if the new IP makes $1 in profit the current shouldn’t matter?

Any comments?

Sorry about waffling on but I’m excited.
    Thanks,

Matt[medieval]
    mailto:[email protected]

#@$

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I suspect your broker had some difficulty finding a lender who would do pensioner units. Did yo uget it sorted out in the end?

Well done on your reno – these things can really pay off. I did one recently and did well – looking for my next one atm.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.