All Topics / Finance / Can you re-finance from 80% to 90% …?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Misty1Misty1
    @misty1

Can you re-finance from 80 to 90% lvr without having to do re-valuations?Anyone done this? What’s the procedure? I figure if i do this,i could purchase another i.p.[biggrin],but i dont want to have to go thru the re-val. crap & stress to do it right now.Any advice?

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Misty, from the lender’s point of view they would want a fresh valuation unless the one in esistence is no more than 3 months old.

Even then, in the present climate, they may even then possibly insist on having a fresh valuation
    done.

Pisces

Profile photo of ezy.home.loans23320ezy.home.loans23320
    @ezy.home.loans23320

if its for a Inv/property you can get up to 95%
    refinance but you have to pay Mortgage Insurance.
    If you have a property valued at $100000 and you want to buy a Ip for $150000=thats a total value of $250000
    95% is $237,750 less the amount you owe on the first property say $50.000 you now have $187.000
    the $150.000 for property 2 and $37.750 for cost’s
    A valuation would need to be done on both property’s and proof of income and affordability
    [all the paper work done again][dead2]
    most investers prefer a 80% lend as you dont need to go through all that hassel again but the valuation is a must.
    its EZY the second time around so I am told[buz2]

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

Hi Misty1

A val will almost certainly be required – it will either require a top up on existing mortgage insurance, or new premium to be calculated if the loan is not currently or was initially mortgage insured.

Whats the ‘hsssle’ of a new valuation, takes all of 15 minutes and shouldn’t pose a problem – unless you’ve knocked out the walls and ripped up the floor and torn up the bathroom and kitchen.

If this is the case, then i’d agree, you will have a great deal of crap and stress.

If the property will value up and the above doesn’t apply, consider refi’ing to 90% and cap your MI to a max of 95%. Property will need to be in a reasonably large if not metro area to do this.

cheers

brahms

If you don’t ask, the answer is no!!

Profile photo of Misty1Misty1
    @misty1

Thanx for replies.My concern with re-val’s is that they were just done,so i figure there will be no difference,or worse,b/c of sliding market,that they would come in LESS than recently.
    I’m not sure if they will still use recent val’s, or even if financing above 80% is a good idea or not,sounds a bit out of my comfort zone,but just checking for opinions.I’m also interested in how i would work out how much extra it would cost to have to use motgage insurance,if i did go over 80%? Is there a formula to work it out?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.