All Topics / Help Needed! / Investors in Property now nervous

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school
    Originally posted by residentialwealth:

Interesting comments but back on the point at hand – the market has changed so are you brave eneough to to enter and where is your best bet … ?

Hi Residentialwealth,

not sure, what the so called scare is, but just signed another contract up tonight, for another quick property, but am in the current demand to purchase more properties, before this financial year ends…

… best bets, well… that i have to keep to myself…

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Without reading the post, but only the heading I though, what a crock of sh……

Residentialwealth… thanks for starting the topic… my comments below are directed at no one in particular ( yeah I know, I’m ranting along !!!! )

It’s topics and thoughts like that, which scare off the wannabes, and the chicken littles….

We are finding so many good deals at the moment, we can be choosy…

In times like these we are supposedly in now, I see OPPORTUNITY…..

Guess the question you have to ask yourself is ” are you like the rest of the sheep ?”
    This is just like the shares boom in 98-2000….. all the herd going for the same thing…..

People need to learn about RE investing, sometimes the hard way….. It’s a long term thing… you can’t just pay someone to tell you everything….

So, what are you ? one of the sheep or a true investor ????

some fodder to chew on folks……

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Just want to comment on Perth properties.

Still no holding back beach side locations.
    I looked at a property last year sold for $185,000 and placed on market again for $285,000 sold in 4 days about 200 mtres from beach.
    AMAAAAAAAAzing…..

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

HI there, just want to comment on Perth Properties.
    I believe beach side locations still performing well.
    Viewed a property 1 year ago – sold for $185,000 (200 mtre from Beach) sold a couple of weeks ago for $285,000 in 4 days.
    Amazing……
    Units – in Wembley – poor capital growth. Dubious clients??
    Derek, Mt Lawley great area, and would recommend to buy in this area, as always seems to do well regardless. I should know I live in the area.

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

ohhh, Mt Lawley, lovely area….

Have to agree with Wembley units. Mate used to live in one of the bigger high rise and something was constantly wrong with it. Older vintages… maybe they didn’t expect them to be their this long??

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

I can’t quite get the difference between ‘them’ – i.e.

“the greedy thought they were going to make a killing and get rich over night.”

and you now

“look for the gloom and you will make a motso”

There is a hidden bias in what you have written, which is you believe people who bought property in the past were a) greedy b) wrong and c) unrealistic.

and that you think it’s as simple as timing.

That you are going to ‘time it’ by buying in the upcoming buyer’s market (which you have predicted) and of course you’re neither a) greedy b) wrong or c) unrealistic.

So how much money is a motso? And how much are you going to invest to make this supposed motso? And how long will you have to hold until the motso materialises? And what is the guarantee that the motso will arrive? How long will you wait for it to arrive? can you afford to wait?

NZ Bird Dogs. SOLD OUT! More deals coming…

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Thanks Pelican for your comments … true … firstly i’m no sheep.

I love it when the chicken littles get scared because that is the best time to swoop in, yes there are plenty of opportunities out there even more now and that is my point … when theres gloom money will boom.

The Sydney investor market is very shakey however the first home buyer will reap some great benefits over the next six months before the builders put their prices up in that sector to cover losses in other areas.

The rumer is that the land tax is going to hit other states other than Sydney over the next 12mts its going to be very interesting.

I’m happy because I have just sold three waterfront reserve lots next to Laguna Quays in the Whitsundays (Midge point) and am going to focus more on commersial investing and renovating

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by Marisa:

Mt Lawley great area, and would recommend to buy in this area, as always seems to do well regardless. I should know I live in the area.

Hi Marisa,

This one nearly got through to the wicket keeper without a tickle.

Mt Lawley a solid suburb and some detailed research shows……………………………

30 year median price change 10.8%/annum (there were 17 that performed better than this). Over the last 20 years 9.4%/annum change in the median price (there were 32 suburbs that performed better) and over the last 10 years Mt Lawley median prices changed by 6.6%/annum (there were 82 suburbs that performed better).

Bear in mind median prices are not a ‘perfect stat’ but they give you an idea.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

August 2002 I got a 4 bedder house in Perth for $91k and a 3 bedder unit for $70 k. Now worth $135k and $110k on bank vals, which means add $10k + per property. Its a slow state but a steady one.

Infrastructure no matter where it is, is what sustains the growth when whims and gossip wont.

Dont rely on media, rely on real research, your own.

DD

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.