All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Seeking investing advice…& to say “hi”!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Misty1Misty1
    @misty1

Finally!People i can communicate with that will understand the strange world i now live in,being “an investor”. Although only new to the “scene” (as of this week i now have 3 prop’s),Iam already plotting & scheming a hopefully) early retirement….[thumbsupanim] So- who can give me some advice on steps to do so,for someone who has borrowed 80%l.v.r,is okay with “risk”,& open to even the most adsurd ideas??
    Afterall,i am DESPERATE to quit work….Also, has anyone got any info on: A)Land giveaway deals. Can they make the owner money? What are the reg’s about “giving” away land B)Is there anyone out there that has actually made cash from cheap country properties?? Love this site,& look forward to chatting….Lee.[biggrin]

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Misty,

What do you mean by land ‘give away’ deals?

The ones I have seen are by local councils keen to reinvigorate a town with declining population and services.

The blocks come with conditions and they are allocated to desirable (read skills useful to the town/shire).

The only comment I would otherwise make is ‘increased haste building a stack of cards ain’t going to help’ – let time and the power of compounding growth kick in and you’ll enjoy a smoother and safer ride.

Derek
    [email protected]

Read my comments? Think I can help you? PM or email me.

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

As Dereck mentioned the conditions usually specify that you must live on the property, and some even specifiy that you must commence building a dweling by X date.

As for your second question “has [anyone] actually made cash from cheap country properties??”

You must be more specific… Do you mean selling the properties (flips) or wraps or buy and holds??? Each of these give you cash, but one might be useless (such as buy and hold) if you want the money now…. Check out http://propertyinvesting.com/strategies for different strategies…

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi Misty1,

Welcome to the forum [:D]

Risk and return are always present in every investment, but not always in equal amounts.

For example, risk can be mitigated by using a proven system that’s applied with effective management, which will maximise your return at the same time.

This (system and management) explanins how I’m able to make positive cashflow from deals while other people struggle to see the profit.

When you understand this you see that the property (location etc.) is incidential to the profit… what is critical is being able to spot the opportunity and apply the system.

So, to answer your question:

So- who can give me some advice on steps to do so,for someone who has borrowed 80%l.v.r,is okay with “risk”,& open to even the most adsurd ideas??

Yes, but only to the extent you have a system to make money from the crazy ideas. If you are flying by the seat of your pants then the more remote the idea, then the more remote the chance of profit.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.