All Topics / Finance / Funds to Complete – What’s the term mean.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Could you give a ‘Term’ description of what this means, in a simple way and with simple words and something easy for everybody to understand.

This seems to be about demographic arrangements.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

When you buy a house for say $100 000 and pay a $10 000 deposit you need to pay the rest at settlement.

Now say the loan is $70 000, the legals are $2000 you will get a letter from your solicitor saying what you need to deposit to his account before settlement so he can make the transaction on your behalf. In this eg is it another $18 000. This is the “funds to complete”

Is this what you are after?

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Yes, I’m after a short definition or explanation that’s easy to understand. So that i can put it in a “Glossary of Terms” list.

So that they can be referenced!

The format is like so:

Funds to Complete – Definition or explanation or term here! This should be no more then three short sentences.

Funds to complete is the first term that comes to mind. So i’m going to start of with that. And add more as i come accross them.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Jaffasoft

Are you then posting here ??

[specool]

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Will be able to post it here. Because i can copy and paste it from the file into the forum.

So the funds to complete is all the closing costs after the deposit is taken out. Then solicitor to put in his account and used to complete the transation.

If i explained it this way, is this right?

Funds to Complete – Is the total closing costs take the deposit cost. This amount you give too your solicitor! This generally goes into an account of your solicitor. The funds are then used to complete the property purchase deal.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Funds to complete, simple means funds needed to complete the purchase – excluding the loan.

lenders want to know you are able to complete the purchase if they lend you, say, 80% of the price. Otherwise they maybe wasting their time in giving you a loan approval.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

As usualy Terry can offer a more succinct and accurate description [biggrin]

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.