All Topics / Heads Up! / Very Impressive Book!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Kiwi-FullaKiwi-Fulla
    @kiwi-fulla

Hi There,

I have finished Steves book around 2 weeks ago. This inspired me and I have to take a hard look at my personal situation and what options I have got to get me there.

I have been involved in researching the property investment industry for 3 years and have spent a lot of time reading and attending seminars about everything from Wrapping to Personal development. The thing about this book is that I actually did all of the action steps and now have my plan clearly laid out in front of me (as we speak) on the wall where I can see it every day. I have come up with a 6 year plan and will have to get around 286 properties to reach my goal of $400K passive income net. (based on the $30.00/property method – thanks Steve)

During the search for financial independance has been a very frustrating and sometimes depressing life mission I have ever accepted and most of it comes down to being honest with your self and believing in your own abililty to get to where you need to drive yourself.

I have taken great stead in the lessons in Steve’s book and have also seen some flaws in my plans, but this has forced me to set a high speed debt reduction plan to get some breathing space.

I often wonder to myself ….wouldn’t it be funny if someone actually wanted to read a book that I wrote about my journey including the twists, back peddles and forward paradyms I had endured and overcome.

I recently won an Employee award for the month and remember how bitter I was at receiving the pitiful ammount in the envelope in thanks for all of my sweat and tears for the company…..

It will be ironic to know that the gift voucher funded 3 more books in my evolution to victory when I will no longer be under the power of the corporate ladder andthe associated stress, pressure & negative competitive spirit associated with it.

If anyone has any more tips of interesting info/stories …. then let me know –
    Take care all -Happy belated New Year –

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hi kiwi243519

I recently won an Employee award for the month and remember how bitter I was at receiving the pitiful ammount in the envelope in thanks for all of my sweat and tears for the company…..

That reminded me of an email I received yesterday …

Two traveling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a wealthy family.

The family was rude and refused to let the angels stay in the mansion’s guest room.

Instead the angels were given a small space in the cold basement.

As they made their bed on the hard floor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it.

When the younger angel asked why, the older angel replied,

“Things aren’t always what they seem.”

The next night the pair came to rest at the house of a very poor, but very hospitable farmer and his wife.

After sharing what little food they had the couple let the angels sleep in their bed where they could have a good night’s rest.

When the sun came up the next morning the angels found the farmer and his wife in tears.

Their only cow, whose milk had been their sole income, lay dead in the field.

The younger angel was infuriated and asked the older angel how could you have let this happen?

The first man had everything, yet you helped him, she accused.

The second family had little but was willing to share everything, and you let the cow die.

“Things aren’t always what they seem,” the older angel replied.

“When we stayed in the basement of the mansion, I noticed there was gold stored in that hole in the wall.

Since the owner was so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his good fortune, I sealed the wall so he wouldn’t find it.”

“Then last night as we slept in the farmers bed, the angel of death came for his wife. I gave him the cow instead.

Things aren’t always what they seem.”

I really enjoyed reading your story, I know some people think it is naff to think a book changes their lives but I think that a good book should do that.

I for one look forward to hearing about your sucess.

Cheers & Good Luck
    Leigh K[:D]

(PS: is 243519 the number of Kiwis online, your postcode or your messurements[}:)])

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

kiwi :o)

Getting employee of the month is a fantastic achievement :o) I would be incredibly proud if I were you! Sometimes the reward is not always in the envelope. It can be intrinsic, and I imagine it would look very good on your resume if you were dissatisfied with your current job- good for you [:)]

As for getting 286 IP’s … well, good luck… If you’re new to this board, you can check out poster’s stories- many are so pleased to get their first IP. I have this philosophy in life to be satisfied with where I am. It means that I try to stay happy. “Striving” means that I am never satisfied- it works for me. 286 IP’s means that you may not be satisfied if you have “only” 10 IP’s. I hope that doesn’t happen for you :)

At the age of 37, I believe that if I live according to the principles I have, then I have to be realistic about what I will have. The more important things to me are that my partner is proud of me, my family, my colleagues, and my friends. Most importantly, that I am proud of myself. When you get your first IP, you should be proud too! Also, maybe think of getting a job you love- that will take the pressure off getting those 286 IP’s.

Best of luck with it.

kay henry

Profile photo of Elysium-MElysium-M
    @elysium-m

Hey kiwi,

Welcome to the forum!

Talking about life-changing books, have you read Robert Kiyosaki’s books? They’re the second-most important set of life-changing books for me (behind the Bible). They completely turned my understanding of finances upside down, but for the better!

I know that there are people who bag Kiyosaki’s books, just like there are people who bag Steve’s book. Check it out for some financial wisdom.

In fact, the Bible itself has some really good advice on finances. Check out Proverbs 11:25.

Cheers,
    Elysium-M

DIY Residential Property Settlements in WA – the book coming soon! When I can get my act together…

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Guys

Loved your story Leigh.

Doesn’t matter what a book is about, there will ALWAYS be someone around to bag it.

It was RK’s books that sort of got me started plus reading several other Property Investment books that helped to keep the idea trotting along. These books I borrowed from my local library.

Now it is being able to read books that others have found useful that keep me motivated.

Regards

Profile photo of Kiwi-FullaKiwi-Fulla
    @kiwi-fulla

Hi all,
    Thanks for the feedback,

I have read all of RK books even Success stories!
    I am getting there so we will all celebrate soon when I get my first IP!

Just trying to get some funds access ….while trying to get my finances in better shape so the banks will smile upon me [^]
    Cheers,
    Kiwi

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

i dunno who bags books- there’s a book review list elsewhere on the forum- i guess some people like some books better than others. Personally, i love RE books- but i don’t find they “inspire” or ‘motivate” me- i have to find that from within- not from a stranger. I just read the books for fun really :)

People bag henry kaye too, but before he turned out to be crooked, he was many people’s disciple. After that, it became ok to bag him. Disciples can be a funnt fickle lot!

kay henry

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.