All Topics / General Property / Buying a property in the next 30 days.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of FizmanFizman
    @fizman

Dear Friends,
    We are finally getting on tops of things again!! Thanks to all of you for your help and advice regarding our situation!!!

I am seeking some advice regarding the “How to buy a positive cashflow property in the next 30 days.” Do I take the title at face value that anyone can purchase a property in 30 days regardless of financial position?? or are we talking about buying a property in 30 days if your financial position meets X amount of requirements??

I would like to make it quite clear I am more than happy to purchase the package, I am just not clear if it is right for us to look at this option now seeing we have just got our heads above water again.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Many Thanks.

Profile photo of gattagagattaga
    @gattaga

I bought the tape you are talking about,If you think it will alow or give you the info to buy a house in 30 days it wont.Its just a tape about steve and his mates first buy.I did not like it, they just talk about problems they had with there first house.It does not give you info on buying your house within 30 days.AND I DID NOT LIKE THE FACCT THAT THEY SAY UZ INSTEAD OF US.

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Fizman,

I’m sorry but I must have missed a bit lately..I don’t know what you are referring to about your situation..[:I]

My advice to anyone considering buying +ve cashflow ppty at the moment, (ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE JUST GETTING YOUR HEADS ABOVE WATER AGAIN):

“There will be much better times to buy property when interest rates increase a bit. I would definately hold off a few months. I really believe that realestate is at it’s peak, and nobody really knows what is going to happen.”

Hold tight, and keep saving.
    Glad to hear things are now going well,

Good luck,

Del

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

Del, have to agree with you there…

I have a mate who is in Queensland at the moment (took 3 weeks holidays) and is searching frantically for investment properties – i’ve told him to relax and save his dollars, the best time to buy is yet to come…

I honestly think there will be a squeeze in the next 6 to 12 mths, and while i don’t expect a collapse as such i think things will certainly level out… A drop in some areas is not an unlikely scenario either… [;)]

Cheers,
    Paul…

“The only thing you get from looking backwards is a sore neck…”

Profile photo of milen007milen007
    @milen007

im not expert in this areas, but i think that as long as location, location, location criterias are met. there is no right time to buy the property. correct me on this pls. im new but thats why i think

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Dell,

You said ” I really believe that real estate is at its peak, and nobody really knows what is going to happen.”

Now, if nobody knows what is going to happen what makes you think that you are the one person who DOES know what is going to happen ? :)

Pisces133

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

i think all the time is the best time to buy.

what i mean is some were, were everything is just hits it boom, some where else is just leveling out and else were property rises are rising, maybe fast or maybe slow, but there is always some were good to buy, just knowin were [?]

just know where and when to buy and sellin at the right time will continue your property portfolio

Profile photo of Kings5Kings5
    @kings5

quote:

i think all the time is the best time to buy.

what i mean is some were, were everything is just hits it boom, some where else is just leveling out and else were property rises are rising, maybe fast or maybe slow, but there is always some were good to buy, just knowin were [?]

just know where and when to buy and sellin at the right time will continue your property portfolio

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

“i think all the time is the best time to buy”

stillinschool, that’s the best thing I have read here all day.
    totally!!!

cheers-
    Mini

Profile photo of Fudge111Broz00Fudge111Broz00
    Participant
    @fudge111broz00

I do agree with still in school i must admit.

I guess though i’m not too worried that both broz and I are still finishing our uni degrees and will have to wait around 2 more years to we seriously think about implementing our investment plan.

It will be very interesting to see what the property market is like in 2 years time!

[:)]Fudge111[:)]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Guys, there was a time when interest rates were 11 or 12 % and the market didn’t collapse.

Keep things in perspective.

If one presently has a 6 or 6.5% rate of interest and if a ONE percent increase in the rates causes some people having to walk away from the loan and their property then I agree they are without a doubt overcommitted right now.

But how many people are really in such a precarious situation ?

What is the hurry to buy 20 properties within the next twelve months. (or for that matter three or four) ?

If it is a fast ride and excitement you are after take up skiing or motor car racing. That is much safer for your health than buying properties and having no spare cash left in your pocket for emergencies.

One and foremost the most important thing is to
    not sail too close to the wind by taking on too high a commitment and consequent pressures.

If that means that one must consider the possibility of having some cash reserves (or the ability to draw some further money on a loan) or to progress at a slower rate isn’t that the way to go ?

Presuming that one looks for and has been able to buy some properties below the market price what is wrong with selling one or two along the way so as to get in a stronger cash position ?

Also, as I think I have mentioned before, when taking up a loan choosing an interest only loan
    (and thence making payments on the basis as if it is a Principle & Interest loan) isn’t a bad idea as many such loans allow one to redraw the excess we have paid to the lender in the event we come under some pressure.

Pisces133

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.