All Topics / The Treasure Chest / House Spotters

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Hi,
    I have been searching and searching, I must be doing something wrong or I don’t have the knack for it!

I would really like to buy a cashflow positive property in Victoria. I have reached the point where I am willing to pay someone to find it for me!
    This is a genuine request.
    I have no idea how the system works with “house spotters”, could someone enlighten me?

If you are a house spotter and want to contact me, I will give my email address.
    I’m sure a moderator will read this and let me know if I am able to give out my email address!
    Thanks

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Diclem,

Email me.

I know someone in Victoria who can help.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Hunter
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Profile photo of MicknmargMicknmarg
    @micknmarg

Have you thought about properties in country towns?
    Quite a few bargains are still available with good tenants and low vacancy rates.

Profile photo of claire_2claire_2
    Participant
    @claire_2

Hi Diclem,

I have just only started out as well, however the internet has been fantastic….don’t just look at domain.com.au or realestate.com.au, try the local realestate agents such as LJ Hooker who have lots of offices throughout regional Victoria. They have been really helpful!!! I’ve just been using Google to do searches on local real estate agents in regional areas, there are plenty!! Once you find one, the others just follow!

Good luck,
    Claire.

jtdc.

Profile photo of andreiandrei
    Participant
    @andrei

Hi,
    I started looking for properties in NSW country towns. Looks like to satisfy the “11 seconds” rule, it has to be priced at or below $50,000 and that led me to very small towns… Difficulties I see here:
    – low prospects of future capital growth, because population is more or less static;
    – I hear that towns of less the 10,000 people cause problems with lenders;
    – if one (main) employer closes, there will be a long term glut of properties…

Any experience and advice?
    Thanks,
    Andrei

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Populations under 10 000 can cause problems with some lenders – this is not a show stopper though as there are other lenders who do not consider population size and lend at normal rates.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Hunter
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Profile photo of xyzzyxyzzy
    Participant
    @xyzzy

Some “small” country towns are near larger country towns. Take Junee for example. It is 35km from Wagga Wagga, the largest inland city in New South Wales that has plenty of employment, A RAAF base, an army base and there is a private jail in Junee.

Many Wagga workers live in Junee because the housing is cheeeaper.

There were fantastic pickings 12 months ago that complied with the 11 second rule plus more. Today its not so easy but they ocassionaly arise and are snapped up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘House Spotters’ is closed to new replies.