All Topics / The Treasure Chest / selling prior to settlement

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of G-MAN007G-MAN007
    @g-man007

i need some help understanding how to sell before settlement. what is the process? If i find a buyer do i require a separate contract or do i change the name on the original contract? what happens regarding the deposit? what happens right on settlement?

Profile photo of williwilli
    Participant
    @willi

As far as I am aware (but am really not too sure), that the buyer you are on-selling it to takes title or goes under contract on your original settlement date.

Unless you have put an “and/or nominee” clause into your original contract, then I think, the new purchaser can just assume the original contract.

Someone might now better though…

Pete

…Beware of the dreamtakers…

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I was trying to do this in Victoria and had to have another contract drawn up. In the end I never went thru with it.

You also must get finance arranged just in case they don’t settle (for whatever reason) on the same day. If the vendor give a notice to recind, you will only have 14 days to settle, and this is not enought time for a bank to do it.

Terryw
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of G-MAN007G-MAN007
    @g-man007

[?] If the person you on sell too cannot settle with you, you would be able to cash there deposit correct?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘selling prior to settlement’ is closed to new replies.