All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Brisbane Hot Spot

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of grizzlygrizzly
    @grizzly

Hi Steve,
    Brisbane seems to be the next hot spot
    in the country (0-15kms) from city.
    I am thinking of purchasing.Im from sydney
    and it worries me about trying to manage
    property from so far away.
    Anyone know good property managers.
    Thanks

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey Grizzly,
    Why do you say Brisbane seems to be the next hot spot ? It has already had phenomenal growth and yields are down to sydney/melbourne levels on the whole. Where you talking about specific areas or just generally ? Love to hear your thoughts being a Brisbanite.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]

“Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.”
    Lat., “Seize the day, put no trust in tomorrow.”
    -Horace, Odes

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Grizzly

My unit in Brisbane 6km from cbd has just gone up in value $48,000 ( official valuation) in the last 8 – 10 months. It has grown $55,60,000 since 2000. It had hardly moved for the last 2 years and then jumped. The valuer told me that had I bought a house I would have been laughing. HOWEVER this property is NOT cash flow positive. I use Ideal Reality to manage it and can say that they have been most helpful and effecient.
    Cheers Isagold.

Profile photo of grizzlygrizzly
    @grizzly

Hi AD
    I do a fair amount of research on the internet and in property investing magazines.
    Also BIS Schrapnel forecast is 20% growth
    in Brisbane suburbs to 2005.
    Also 2 investment companys say the same
    (not that I beleive them).

Profile photo of BiancaBianca
    Participant
    @bianca

Hi GRizzly,
    I live in between Brisbane and the GOld Coast and have been investing in property for nearly 2 years. The places that still have bargains are along the M1 corridor.It is having amajor growth spurt at the moment but there are still properties that give you a positive return. Two examples are a house sold yesterday for $120000. and was rented for $185.00/week.in Daisy
    HIll.2. I bought a house in MT Warren Park for $140.000 and the rent is $200.00/week. The Beenleigh and surrounding suburbs are still good investments but be quick as in these areas property us selling very fast.Negotiate management fees.

Profile photo of McMahonMcMahon
    @mcmahon

I have a townhouse in Kelvin Grove which is about 3km from the city. Yield is good at nearly 7%. I’ve found that yields are MUCH better than Sydney or Melbourne and I’ve also read that there is probably still a couple of years of growth in Brisbane. Inner city suburbs still appear strong but many are cautious about CBD apartments short to medium term.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Brisbane Hot Spot’ is closed to new replies.