All Topics / The Treasure Chest / More Scammers – A summer nights tale

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi all,

Okay so you’ve seen my name around the place. Well I thought I’d update you on some other interesting tidbits.

Title: A Summer Nights Tale of the Little (or not so little) Mouse who’s eyes were too big!

Whilst awaiting my hubby’s return from USA, I received a phone call from a property group (I leave unamed for legal reasons)telemarketer, offering a ‘free’ Jan Somers book, in exchange for 15 minutes of my time (exchange??? Free is free isn’t it???) Okay, so I thought whilst the cat was away the mouse could play. Well, this little mouse (okay not so little!!!) choked on a big piece of cheese. [}:)]
    Mr J, came over with the Jan Somers book (I have a few in her collection and find them good bedtime reading if nothing else)He sat down and asked me the usual speil of questions. I took the paper out of his hands to speed it up and wrote it all down for him and did the calculations for him. He continued giving me a very POOR act on property investments and negative gearing.
    I said “I’m only interested in Positive gearing” Okay, so he wasn’t a rocket scientist…he kept on his monologue about negative gearing and low and behold, his jaw dropped! Obviously someone turned on the light in the attic! He asked me why positive gearing. So I told him about income and cash flow etc etc.
    It was obvious he couldn’t negotiate his way around the curve ball I threw him.
    I asked “Where are the properties you sell?” He answered “It doesn’t matter” and he continued on his merry speach about the cost of a property for ” a comfortable 250K”. I said “For that price I’d like to buy 2 positively geared propertys”. He switched then to talking about my husband “who’d be a complete numbskull” if he’d not be interested in tax savings of 10K. I let him go on for another 5 minutes, whilst remembering that I got Jan Somers book for FREE!!!
    He then asked me to make a time for hubby and I to come into the office to chat with him. I said that Hubby would not be interested. I told him he could email me. He rang for my email address twice after I’d given it to him. Still no email.

Man, he was a bad act!!! I asked him again, what type of property and where. Evasive as ever.
    Go Home Man!!!

Please avoid these property development rubbish men.

Moral of the story: If you want a free book, go to the library and borrow one. Oh by the way, don’t forget to return it on time so you avoid late fees.

Cheers and Have a great weekend

Sooshie [:)]

There are no problems, only solutions!

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Sooshie,

Love the story… a free wealth assessment in the comfort of your own home.

Did you ask how many properties he owned?

Thanks for the contribution! Great post.

Bye

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey Sooshie,
    You must love wrestling with crocodiles. Well done and I thought his answers were very……amusing. It’s good for us to know that there are still many people falling for Negative gearing from marketers (the very worst kind of Negative gearing). It’s a shame that there will be others unlike yourself who are not so savvy and will make a very bad mistake.

Enjoy the book wrestled from the jaws of the Croc.

Crikey that was a good story.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]

“Don’t dwell on reality; it will only keep you from greatness.”
    -Rev. Randall R. McBride, Jr.

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi,

Did I ask him how many properties he owns? The answer is Yes. It’s probably the first question I asked him. I also asked what his background is, for e.g. if it is in Real Estate (as was the situation here) I wonder why he didn’t make enough money like all the other realtors, so that he has to do this dirty work for a living! (Not that I told him that!) He has two properties, or so he told me whilst looking down into the drink I gave him ( I think he was looking for fish). No eye-contact – – > no trust given (unless of course the person is Autistic, Aspergers, PPD, ADHD etc etc – okay so I come from a medical background [;)]!)
    The Jan Somers book is about stories of peoples bungled real estate ventures. Should be interesting to read.
    Actually I’m glad I wrestled this crocodile as whilst he was talking I was eyeing up the book and thankfully it was in the comfort of my own home (trust me I wouldn’t travel to see him in a pink fit – That right is reserved for the creme de la creme [;)])
    Savvy? Not sure about that. I’ve been burnt and after licking my paws and whiskers, I’m back and rearing to go.
    By the way, onsold another wrap, so I’m very pleased.

Cheers and glad you liked the story.

Profile photo of Perky29Perky29
    @perky29

Hi all,
    These telemarketers give me the s?!.s !!!
    We used to get at least 2 calls a week from different people about “how would you like to decrease your tax” – or “how would you like to pay off your home in 5 years” etc….
    I had one of these calls not long after joining this forum two months ago (and reading about wraps and positive cashflow properties) – I asked the person at the other end what they had that would give me a positive cashflow….I was told I would get a reply from their consultant in the next 24 hours….which never happened !!
    I have had two similar calls since then and asked the same question….I love their responses.They are dumbfounded.
    The phone calls seemed to now slowed to a crawl….
    Perky [:)]

Profile photo of dr housedr house
    Participant
    @dr-house

The issue really to all this is, that the vast majority of properties ARE NOT cash flow positive, unless you have a considerable amount of your money sitting in the assett.
    The above are just that: salespeople, they have only one selling point and that’s the tax savings.
    I would, at this stage not even bother with any form of interaction, total waste of time and since I am getting older, my time is becoming more and more precious.
    These people are trained to sell something, doesn’t matter what, hence they cannot give you any answers, other then that for which they are trained. Ignore the cold callers of any sort and any of the glossy brochures or emails that flutter into you home.
    Regina

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi, Me again [:0)]

I agree with Regina, but now I’ve thought of even a better idea. Get them to come over, give them a low income spiel and tell them my house is a commision house! Devious ha!!! See what happens when you feed a Gremlin like me after midnight [}:)]
    I heard from ‘Bozo the clown’ who said the email bounced and could I return his call (he would have to leave a mobile number!!!) I deleted his message. I figure if he wants me he’ll have to chase me (true female mentality at work here!) and then I’ll ask him where the properties are and what type they are (ie. refurb, off the plan etc).
    Mind you, I don’t really have time to much around. If he calls back, I’ll give it a go, if he doesn’t I’ll drop it.
    I was approached by a company starting up, wanting me to telemarket for them, cold calling about investment stratergies. I told them I couldn’t in good conscience ring people and ask them to trust people who don’t have their best intrests at heart. Perhaps there is some good left in me yet! [;)]

A very cheeky

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘More Scammers – A summer nights tale’ is closed to new replies.