All Topics / The Treasure Chest / feedback please.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of moneytreemoneytree
    @moneytree

i am interested in a house 3 br country advertised on the net for 79000, i was thinking of offering 10000 less, i clicked on the property details and found the price there to be 67000… i phoned the agent and he said yes it was now 67000 the owner had dropped the price……….
    now do i still offfer 10000 less??????? making it 57000… this is my first property so i really dont know what is the done thing. ps. my research tells me 68 to 72000 is the norm in the area for that type of house. regards tree

money does grow on trees

Profile photo of Dan260Dan260
    @dan260

Hi MoneyTree,

email me at

[email protected]

we can run through a few real life case studies. I am no expert – i only have 4 cash flow positive properties, but if you are willing to take the time to email me you are more than welcome to bounce investment ideas off me.

cheerz
    Dan

Profile photo of hilaryhilary
    @hilary

Of course you offer a much lower amount – what’s the worst that can happen? They say no, and you up the offer a bit. A great question to ask the agent is – why are they selling? If they need a quick sale – the more likely your low offer will be to succeed. Good luck.[:D]

Profile photo of BDMBDM
    Participant
    @bdm

Dear Moneytree,

I agree with Hilary – what ever the asking price is, always make a lower offer.

At best the offer will be accepted.

At worst, you will haggle back up to the asking price.

You’ll never know if they’ll accept a lower offer unless you ask !

Thanks,

BDM

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hmmmm…

I think the answers to this post have missed a bigger issue.

The solution to effective negotiation is not low-balling, but to create a win-win outcome.

Find out why the vendor is selling and the structure an offer where everyone wins.

Look to be flexible on price or terms, but only offer an outcome that meets your investing outcome desired.

Bye

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

With you on that one Steve. Who is to say that $67000 is not a steal as it is. One point that Stuart O’neill made at the last Property Masters series was that you should try and talk directly to the vendor. Find out there reasons for sale. It may open up some options for creative financing even ??

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]

Success is not the result of sponataneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.
    Reggie Leach

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘feedback please.’ is closed to new replies.