All Topics / The Treasure Chest / How 2 get more $$ when bank says NO!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Profile photo of Dan260Dan260
    @dan260

Hi guys,

I have not been able to get any more finance as i now have a Debt Servivng Ratio at limit of 40% and LVR of 86% (with mortgage insurance). This is despite having 4 CF positive investment properties and very strong high salary.

My question is: how can i get more finance approval? I.E. can i structure my assets some way to get multiple finance through company trust structures? or can i do something else??

Thoughts ans discussions welcome
    cheers Dan

Profile photo of keykey
    @key

Dan

It sounds like you need to put more work into a structure that will enable you to go further. I have spent time and money to ensure I have a good structure, ie. Company as trustee for a family trust with me as director. This along with a good broker or personal banker means that my limit is or can be as far as I can push the boundaries. I don’t know what costs are involved in restructuring but with positive cash flow investments I recommend looking at and learning more about structures

key

Profile photo of Dan260Dan260
    @dan260

Hi Key,

thanks for the reply.

How is it that you “are able to push the boundries”? by having a Corporate trustee for a Discretionary Trust?

cheers
    Dan

Profile photo of keykey
    @key

Dan

I am no expert, but basically if a company as trustee borrows money to buy a property for a trust, the company owes the money, the director gives a guarantee and when the company reaches its borrowing limit you can start another company. Trusts and company rules are complicated and not cheap (@ $2000 +) so I recommend getting hold of some solid info on the subject a good solicitor and some form of personnel banker, I think accountants are also full bottle on trusts etc.

@dan260

Hi Key,

Thanks again for reply.

But i dont think i fully understand how a bank will lend more money to you as a guarantee to a trustee versus in a personal capacity. Isnt it the same thing as far as risk goes for the bank? I.E. isnt your Debt Servicing Ratio and Loan Value Ratio the same regardless of structure? Or dont the Banks take into account the loans you have guaranteed in calculating you DSR? therefore, you only have to ensure that your LVR is less than 80% in any given structure?

Key or STEVE please help!?

warm regards Dan

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey there Dan,
    What KEY is saying is that you can replicate the structure and do the same thing over and over. The other thing to remember though is that you need to have the deposit available to make this all work. Guarantees are limited to the vompany but you need to have deposits to obtain the loan. So in essence you are limited by your ability to provide deposits….or you have to think creatively how to obtain property. There are always options.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]

Success is not the result of sponataneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.
    Reggie Leach

Profile photo of DavidUDavidU
    @davidu

So Andrew

Just to clarify what you’re saying is:

1) Max out lending capacity in structure no 1 where you will assume responsibility as guarantor for these loans as the director of this company

2) Do exactly the same in structure 2, 3 etc….

3) The only limitation is the ability to come up with deposits (Which is no real problem for me as I have investors on board)

The only quetions I have are (i)Does it matter about the LVR… I am currently operating using 90% LVRs and (ii) You mention guarantees are limited to each partuicular structure… but at the same time won’t my CRAA be affected as this continues. My financial institution checks my persoanlCRAA every time I get a loan… Won’t they at some stage put a stop to this?

Look forward to your response

Thanks

David

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Yes. I think that the repsonses here have just about nailed it!

DavidU… I think LVR does matter, not at the CRAA level, but at the mortgage insurance level.

Sooner or later they’ll call stumps for you and then that will be it. Then you’ll have to go with non-conforming lenders if you can’t get back to 80% LVR lends.

I deliberately chose only to ever do 80% loans because I didn’t ever want to be told no by the mortgage insurers. Once I made this decision it was then a question of finding an answer to “how can I always afford 20% deposits”.

Answers come once you ask the question.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

@dan260

yeah and what about Debt Service Levels? meaning, why would a bank lend money to an entity (ie company) that doesnt as yet have any income? how does the bank protect their risk exposure??

If you are on an income of only $30,000 the bank isnt going to care what guarantees you give for the trust/ company, no matter what deposit you have right?????????

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Dan,

Can you be sure if you have never tried? I wish I had $30,000 of income when I started seeking finance!

There’s always a way when you see the problem and work thru it.

Bye

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of DavidUDavidU
    @davidu

Brilliant Steve

You’ve answered all my questions except how can I continually keep funding 20% deposits…. Now that is the EASY part as I have investors on board…

You’ve certainly put a lot of clarity in my mind in the way that I should move forward and grow my biz…

Thanks again

David

Profile photo of hilaryhilary
    @hilary

Dan, if you are on a good wage and have 4 cash flow properties, perhaps you haven’t had them re-valued to find your extra equity? and hence deposits? Are they just rentals? If so, have you thought about wraps/lease options for deposit funds?

@dan260

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and replies.
    My problem is not the LVR but my Debt Servicing Ratio (DSR). So to clarify, banks will accept a guarantee from a Company structure and not take into consideration its DSR? Therefore, as long as there are guarantees in place, the bank overlooks the DSR of the individual?
    cheers
    Dan

Profile photo of richfinancemanrichfinanceman
    @richfinanceman

Hi Dan,

I come across this very often with the banks, the best thing to do is go through a large brokerage organization as they have more leverage with the banks.

I have gotten loans approved with a DSR of 49% and an LVR of 85% (with a mortgage insurance waiver).

The trick is to know the right guys in credit at the bank, which is something individuals cannot do, they need to use a broker.

If all else fails you can go for split banking which i do not normally recommend. From the servicing point of view, split banking works wonders, you are not hiding loans from the bank, it is just the way that bank assesses other banks loans is much better than they assess their own, if that makes sense?

Thanks

Al

@dan260

thanks Al,
    just to clarify though: could you please explain what you mean by split banking??
    thanks in advance
    Dan

Profile photo of gogirl2gogirl2
    @gogirl2

Hi there,

I was just reading all the questions and replies. I read and thought I understood the answers, but I obviously don’t as I still have questions. [?]
    My question is:

a) does the bank take into account the Personal Guarantor’s income?

b) Can the Personal Guarantor ever get maxed out? (income and ‘lendability’ to the trust?0

thanks alot

Y’all have a nice day

Go Girl

Profile photo of hdhd
    @hd

As far as I know, DSR and LVR are both taken into consideration when lenders assess the application. Even with company structure, they will look into financials of the company eg Profit/Loss statements. The company director (ie yourself) will need to guarantee the loan and most likely the lender will need your financials as well. Low Doc loan is an alternative but the max for LVR is much lower, best is 76% from what I know. The other important point is if applying in company name, lenders prefer those that have been opertaing for 2 or more years as they have financials to work on and is viewed as ‘less risky’.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘How 2 get more $$ when bank says NO!!’ is closed to new replies.