All Topics / The Treasure Chest / A Taxing Issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of mixrexmixrex
    @mixrex

Could someone please let me know if the same tax deductions (eg, depreciation of fixtures & interest) are possible under vendor financing as with negative gearing property?

Does the ATO view a wrapped house as ‘…for investment purposes’?

Michael [:P]

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Michael,
    When you say wrapped do you mean instalment contract or Lease option ?

I would check with your accountant but I use instalment contracts and I cannot get those deductions as I no longer “own” the property.

Enjoy

AD [:0)]

A great deal of talent is lost to the world for want of a little courage. Every day sends to their graves obscure men whose timidity prevented them from making a first effort.
    -Sydney Smith

Profile photo of zizziz
    Participant
    @ziz

Hi Micheal

I agree with Andrew re the deductions except that the interest is still a cost to your business. As a cost the interest is offset against the income derived from the wrap.

So as a result the net income that you make from your wrap increases your taxable income (Damm!!! LOL)

Cheers

Profile photo of mixrexmixrex
    @mixrex

AD & Ziz,

Thanx for your feedback & assistance. I think that the instalment contract tax thing has been answered.

Short of drawing up a network of companies to offset the tax, are there any deductables directly related to the wrap?

Your thoughts???

Michael [:P]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘A Taxing Issue’ is closed to new replies.