All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing Advice needed

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of Simon1908Simon1908
    Participant
    @simon1908

Hi

I have just received a letter from my superannuation fund as I am approaching the age of 55. I am still working and plan to work for a few years yet. The superannuation funds is quite old which I started when I began in the workforce in the early 90’s. They mentioned that are i am entitled to receive the money now or setup up an income stream or rollover to another fund but I believe but have not confirmed there will be fees, the other option is to leave it there  between 55 to 65 I am not allowed to touch out. It will automatically be paid out at the age of 65. I have received financial advice and have been told to leave it there given the tax i will pay if I did something else.I believe the current retirement is 67

Can I ask the experts out there what they would do? Is it the best option to just leave in there?…or could I get better return elsewhere with property for example. I have read about SMSF but people have mentioned they are expensive to setup and run. This is not the only super fund I have but the one I am trying to get advice is definitely my biggest.

Thankyou in advance

Regards

Simon

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.