All Topics / Help Needed! / Buyers Agent query

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of ShouldersShoulders
    Participant
    @daniel23

Hi There,
    I am looking at engaging a buyers agent for expanding my portfolio. I am unable to research due to time constraints – I haven’t used a buyers agent before so am interested into how it works and a rough guide on the cost – is this based on sale figure or agreed flat fee – payable on sourcing or securing or other? What can i expect and what should i be wary of?

Thanks

Shoulders
    Email Me

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

Howdy,

The short version is this:

Stay away from spruikers – anyone marketing new off the plan units or House and Land packages that takes a fee froma builder, they are not true BA’s and they are not working for you.
    Stay away from anyone not licenced AS A BA.
    Stay away from anyone doing both selling and buying.
    Stay away from anyone without a few yrs experience and a track record of happy clients.

If you do your research, keep your brain switched on and take any outrageous claims with a grain of salt you should do ok. If you build a quality team you can indeed achieve more in less time.

Regarding fees – all the true BA’s will charge. The ones who don’t are getting paid by the other side and you are not their client you are the stock on the shelf being sold to the client (the builder).

Usually the fee is made up of an up front retainer between 20-50% (to get rid of anyone not serious) and a success based completion fee. There are fixed fees, flat fees, percentage fees and hourly rates all in the marketplace so just ask and make sure you understand the fee being proposed.

kind regards
    matt

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.