All Topics / Value Adding / Brisbane Builder Recommendations

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of dangermouse99dangermouse99
    Participant
    @dangermouse99

Hello All
    I bought a house on a LMR in a 10km suburb from Brisbane nearly 2.5 years ago, i have employed a company who acted as a BA and PM for the development.

The is where the issues arise, we were going to keep the house (raise and renovate) and build 2 brand new Town houses at the back. We found from quotes in the last 6 months that the house has got way to expensive to raise and renovate so we went back to the draftie and have decide instead to knock the current house down and build a new 4 bedroom house instead along with the existing plans of the 2 new town houses at the back and try and keep construction costs down. The DA is approved and im in construction loan perios as we speak. My PM submitted another tender to quote and yet again the quote has come massively over budget, it seems construction costs have dramatically blown out while the price of the property hasnt really moved much in the last 18 months.

The the short question is…….can anyone recommend a excellent builder than can build a brand new 4 bedroom house + 2 x 3Bdr Townhouses to the rear??

I can supply all plans and DA documentation.

I hope someone can help me with some help and advice to some great builders
    Cheers
    DM

Profile photo of BallerinaBallerina
    Participant
    @ballerina

Hello

Why do you think that another builder (doesn’t matter how excellent he may be) would be able to construct it for a feasible price? If you already have had a couple of quotes way over the budget?
    It looks to me that your solution is not to replace the existing house with a brand new one. What you really need is to increase number of dwellings to sell. In another words, develop a site with 4 townhouses/units, for the current construction cost.
    Flick me DA plans, if you want, and I could have a look for you if that can be done.
    That is what I do, being an architect (and developer).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.