All Topics / Help Needed! / Town Planning Consultants Moreland City Council

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of ashleyhigmanashleyhigman
    Participant
    @ashleyhigman

I am seeking a town planning consultant who has experience working in the Moreland City Council area of Melbourne. I am particularly seeking a town planner who has experience relating to subdivisions and town house developments of between three and six dwellings.

I am seeking a consultant that is competent, thinks outside the box and seeks to maximise value for their clients rather than simply providing a service ticking boxes and going through the motions. Does anyone have any suggestions of people and/or companies that are good, bad or otherwise to deal with and have really added value to their project?

Thanks for your help.

Ashley

Profile photo of PimobpiPimobpi
    Participant
    @pimobpi

Hi Ashley,

The City Council can give you this specific information (if you call).
    They will not indicate who they prefer to work with but they will give you a list of the most frequently dealt with.
    You can then interview all (or pick a few) & judge whether they suit your needs….or not.

Just on the topic of “thinking outside the box”. It is completely understandable that you are looking for such a consultant however you may find that the most extreme example will delay a permit (or not ever be able to obtain one). Why narrow down the options for yourself. Ask yourself what you need to do to get both attributes in the same consultant. Formulate your questions so that you can spot one that can give you clear examples of this & then talk to their clients – if you desire proof.

Although creativity should be a key feature, the fact you want to hire a town planning consultant is really because you know that you need to have some level of conformity as well. Town planning is like a negotiation – the goal is for both parties to come out winners.

You could interview & choose a consultant that gives you “outside of the box” options which can easily meta-morph into a more “mainstream” project but without losing original identity. Look for the TETHER between the “creativity” -&- “mainstream”.
    I think that their ability to “tether” makes all the difference.

Good luck – more health & wealth to you.
    Cheers,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.