All Topics / Finance / non-bank lenders

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of jojojojo
    Participant
    @melbjo

Was wondering what people thought the risks if any might be if I were to finance through a ‘non-bank lender’. It is not because of bad credit or low docs or any of those sort of reasons – only that their loan seems good to me.

This was recommended by my broker but feel slightly uncomfortable with going with a lender I have never heard of before (namely Loan Ave).

Am I worried about nothing?

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Can’t speak directly for Loan Ave as I don’t have them on my panel of lenders – but there’s nothing wrong with smaller lenders per se. They are the ones loaning you the money – not the other way around. If your borrowing less than 80% of your properties value and the loan is variable – refinancing later on won’t be too costly (if you decide you want to stop using them).

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Nothing wrong with Loan Avenue as they are merely a mortgage manager acting on behalf of a number of lenders such as Adelaide Bank, Advantedge etc etc.

Becoming a Bank doesn’t put you in the “safe as a basket” category just ask the borrowers of RBS or Northern Rock to name a couple.

As Jamie mentioned you are borrowing money from them not the other way around.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Loan Ave is fine as a lender, they’re a mortgage manager who provide a number of niche products. I’ve always found them to be a reasonable brand to work with. (they’ve also just been bought out by Yellow Brick Road – Mark Bouris’ new brand.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of jojojojo
    Participant
    @melbjo

Thankyou so much for your responses. I feel confident now, but Corey – would this transition to YBR likely have any impact to the borrower?

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

It’s early days – there hasn’t been any mention about it being transitioned to YBR, just the business has been purchased. I haven’t heard anything about any consolidation of brand or changing of products.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of jojojojo
    Participant
    @melbjo

Thankyou so much everyone :)

Profile photo of DeanCollinsDeanCollins
    Participant
    @deancollins

@corey, do you know if there are any rules within APRA that ownership says the percentages for risk etc have to be “amalgamated” eg it might make a lot of sense for them to continue to be two separate entities.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.