All Topics / Overseas Deals / Leveraging Australian equity to buy in NZ.

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of whatsmy_age_againwhatsmy_age_again
    Participant
    @whatsmyageagain

Hi everyone,

Has anyone recently been successful in using their equity in an Australian property/portfolio to put down as a deposit on a New Zealand property?

If so, how did you go about it? What lenders are willing? Were there any special requirements? Anything else you’d like to add?

Cheers!

Profile photo of CSFCCSFC
    Participant
    @gerathy

And what about vice versa – leveraging NZ equity to purchase in Oz?

ellejay
    Participant
    @ellejay

I think the rules may have changed recently re this. I use ANZ NZ and I believe they may have stopped/reduced lending to overseas buyers. I can recommend Brent Lattimore at Focus Finance in Christchurch. He’d be able to advise about buying in NZ from overseas I think. My situation was that I bought a relatively inexpensive property in NZ a few years ago and paid it off, once I had NZ equity it was easy to keep borrowing. As I said, things may now have changed for overseas buyers looking to purchase in NZ.

If I was an NZ resident looking to buy in Aus I’d probably follow the same strategy i.e. buy a cheapie with larger deposit and look to leverage from there. Everyone’s situation is different though. I think Mary O’Brien in NSW, NZ Mortgage solutions may be able to help.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by  ellejay.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.