All Topics / General Property / Property with little cash flow

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of AttilaAttila
    Participant
    @au66621

Hi all
    I needed your opinion about our ‘first deal’. We have found a really nice one bedroom apartement for sale for a very very good price.Its in an old warehouse apartment complex in the cbd area and currently rented out for students and with potential capital groth in 5 years time.
    I have read Steves book about financial freedom and this opportunity would generate positive cashflow but very little and if we did go for it probably all our funds would sit in the investment for 5 years.Steve teaches that if we want financial freedom we have to go for cash-flow not capital gains and I also believe that we should buy a business first which generates profit and use that profit to invest.
    We are not sure what would be the best strategy to go for and thats why I wanted some professional help and also what to specifically look for if it came to purchase.We also think that the best structuring would be through a family trust and a company trustee similar to Steve’s idea.Is it stil the best way to do it?

Please see below my wife and business partners view and strategy on this:

My idea behind this process was to wait for the 5 year period when the value of the property is properous enough to sell. During the 5 years I invisage the growth due to its locality and demand in proximity for student accommodation being close to Universitys. The statistics show that this property is continuously leased due to the high turn over, around number of students residing in close proximity to the universitys and CBD and Transport options. It currently sits on a 10% profit record.

Thank you for your time and reply

Regards

Frances and Attila

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

I’d suggest sitting back and deciding on whether business or property comes first – if business this can delay you entering into the property market for some time due to finance requirements.

cash flow vs capital growth is a topic which has been debated since the dawn of time. Cash flow can be quantified and estimated accurately for the future, whereas capital growth is speculative. Be careful with apartments, generally they suffer from capital growth the most, especially if they’re lower end/student accommodation (not appealing to the owner occupier market).

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.