All Topics / Help Needed! / Quick couple of Q's

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of TheNewGuyTheNewGuy
    Participant
    @thenewguy

Hi all

Just a quick couple of questions

– with banks charging a higher interest for IO loans, has this changed how people structure their loans? Ie. Are you going P&I to get the lower rates? Particularly people in the expand phase like I am!

– I believe I know the answer. If I draw down a LOC for investment purposes can I use the money to find renos / repairs across multiple IPs? Or are there any negative implications?

Thanks!

Profile photo of D.T.D.T.
    Participant
    @dtraeger

Hiya,

Horses for courses, but i still go IO on all of them. The rate doesn’t affect the “applicableness” of it for me.

You can do this. Do not mix both deductible and non deductible expenditure in it. But if its all deductible expenditure then its ok, but still keep track of which properties its spent on. A good accountant come tax time will then apportion the interest between properties.

D.T. | DT Property Management
    http://www.dtproperty.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Adelaide Property Management - whole Adelaide metro

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Most of my investor clients still opt for IO – unless they don’t have a PPOR/non deductible debt then P&I might be a good choice.

Having said that – there aren’t many lenders that penalise you for having IO repayments (NAB group are an exception rather than the rule).

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.