All Topics / Help Needed! / Firsr property purchase advice

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of BalaBala
    Participant
    @raj164

Hi All

I am planning to buy my first property in Adelaide. Currently i am pay 1000 bucks as rent. I have preapproval for 300k loan. Repayments comes around 1500, my additional cash outflow is 500 bucks.
    I am looking at 10-15km radius from cbd. There few property available in mansfield park, ottoway, Taperoo, osborne, woodville north in at price point. I will be dipping all my savings, touchwood if i loose job or i get a better job opportunities intersate, I should be in a position to liquidate without loss or rent it out easily. Pls throw light on the above suburbs – potential to growth, bit confused as its my 1st property down under.

Regards
    Bala

Profile photo of CattleyaCattleya
    Participant
    @cattleya

Hi Bala,

Welcome to the site. And also congratulations on your first steps towards better financial futures through property.
    It is an exciting time, but also full of worries because of all the potential issues isn’t it.

Anyway, straight to your questions. In my honest opinion, the question should not be which suburb to buy, but which suburbs fit your strategy / requirements – then choose 2 or 3 areas to focus your research on.

There is an example from another new member, Emma_Vic, who knows what she wants and chose the suburb she wants to focus on. She wants to buy for:
    1. Investment Property which means the suburb needs to have good population growth, plenty of jobs / easy transport to where the jobs are, government activities, etc.
    2. Good capital gain, which also means the above.
    3. Her financial constraints – looks like the suburb she chose is within her budget
    4. She is investing long term – which means she is not after speculative properties.

She chose her suburb well, she just needs to find the right property. Please see here for her thoughts. It is really clear and sound.
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com/topic/5010979-thoughts-on-ballarat/

Going back to your situation, I think you know best which suburbs you want. If you have time, focus on all the suburbs you mentioned and honed in the properties that meets your requirement. The more you look, the more knowledge you get, the easier to make decision. When you know enough, the right property will come up and you will simply know it. I know it is confusing at the start, but the only way is to get ‘your hands dirty’. After all it’s too much money to let other people do the work for you, because if they get it wrong, you are the one with the loss.

Hope this helps?

Thanks
    Cattleya

Cattleya

Here to learn the ropes of property investing & share knowledge, not trying to sell anything at all.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.