All Topics / Help Needed! / Too many choices! Safe investment vs risky investment! Opinions wanted please!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of AudscoAudsco
    Participant
    @audsco

Hi Everyone.

I have recently widened my search for an investment property from the Eastern suburbs out to the Northern suburbs. My dilemma is this:

– The first property I have found is a small house on a small block in Fawkner. It is fully renovated and will fetch approx. $380 – $400 p/wk rent. (Est sale price up to $450k).
    Pro – Will need minimal maintenance, will be easily rented, receiving a decent rental return & (13km from CBD)
    Con – Go’s against my idea that the value is in the land & no improvements can be made to the property to increase value.

– The second property (which my investment partner) is looking at is in Jacana (next to Broadmeadows). This block can fit 3 townhouses. Has a current small house on it which will need some work to be rented. (Est sale price $400k)
    Pro – Has the future potential for development
    Con – Is in an area which currently does not have a great reputation and no guarantee if it will improve, The house which is on the block need money spent on it to even put a renter in and then will it even get one?

Any recommendations from any experienced investors out there?
    I understand my investment partners ambition to develop in the future but I am attracted to a low risk investment with a decent rental return in an area easily accessible to the CBD.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.