All Topics / Overseas Deals / Filing your taxes in the US

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of CasaHunterCasaHunter
    Join Date: 2011
    Post Count: 27

    Hi there,
    I would like to file my taxes in the US. Last year I used an accountant but this year I would like to do it by myself. I would like to hear of your experience if you have done it with no accountant.
    Has anyone requested an extension to file form 1040NR on efile? It looks like you have to enter the SSN, which of course I wouldn’t have, so not clear if its only for residents.
    Thankyou for your help.

    Profile photo of laurieklauriek
    Join Date: 2015
    Post Count: 35

    I’m pretty sure that non resident aliens cannot efile.

    Quite often an ITIN can be substituted for a SSN.

    Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Join Date: 2005
    Post Count: 1,425

    Franky if you cannot afford to pay an accountant you should not be investing in the United States.

    You are better to work with an accountant. If you make a mistake in your taxes the IRS are much stricter than our tax department

    Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    Email Me | Phone Me

    We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.