All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying land with an endorsed Planning Permit. Questions about amendment process.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of PimobpiPimobpi
    Participant
    @pimobpi

Hi all,

Still a great forum thanks to all.
    Apologies for my ignorance but this is a great learning center so I couldn’t resist asking.

I would like to know whether anyone has opinions regarding whether building materials & colors, within an endorsed multiple dwelling Planning Permit, need to be strictly adhered to?
    (I may be able to get answers from the individual council town planning departments or by asking builders but wanted to ask here first).

It is obvious that strictly adhering to the Planning Permit should be the focus however there must be some leeway if for example; materials in the permit are no longer available/manufactured. My guess is that an equivalent material would have to be approved by council as a replacement.

If so, would this be another Planning application/amendment (organized by the land owner) or is it just simply incorporated into the building permit application (organised by the builder) when it’s the time to build?

Also, is the above case the same if the materials are still available/manufactured but land owner prefers to use a slightly different type/color of material instead? Planning approval can sometimes take 6 or more months to be approved, are amendments commonplace in the industry & are they fast tracked if they are incorporated into the Building Permit instead?

Good to know any of your thoughts or suggestions as it could make buying approved Planning Permit developments a little easier if all due-diligence boxes are ticked & it’s just some cosmetic preference changes that are required to capture a larger market & possibly a higher sale price.

Cheers.

Profile photo of PimobpiPimobpi
    Participant
    @pimobpi

Hi all, thought that I’d keep this entry from dropping off the radar.
    Can a builder or a developer help? Sorry, but searching this site/net for answers does not help me.

I don’t think that I’ve stumped everyone with my questions………………..or maybe I have? *grin*

I would like to know how a developer or property investor may approach a situation where they would want to buy (non-heritage) land, that has an existing approved Planning Permit. The floor-plans are perfect, what if the colors of brick, color of roof tile etc were not desired?…..or that some external walls are rendered whereas the new owner may prefer to keep it bricked without rendering?

I understand that these changes are cosmetic but the answer is still important to me. I have seen codes on some Planning Permits that stipulate the type of brick, color, pattern etc. What are the consequences for using a grey brick instead of using an approved brown one? Is it a fine? Different consequences for every council? Does the entire building get demolished as the brick color does not meet the brick color stipulated in the Planning Permit? Ok, that last one was just my joking around………I hope. *gulp*

Would it simply be taken care of by the contracted builder to submit a “Planning Permit amendment” on behalf of the new owner or would the Builder just need to make an application for a “Building Permit” that stipulates the new colors of brick instead? Or something else?

Regards.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.