All Topics / Help Needed! / Property investing apprenticeship

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of DamoDamo
    Participant
    @damo30

Hi all just need some advice if anyone has done Propety investing apprenticeship and if so do you recommend it? I also left school in year 10 so I was just wondering how educated you had to be to proceed with the course? Any information would be appreciated thanks

Profile photo of PHPPHP
    Participant
    @php

I’ve always believed in the saying “When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.”
    Doing your own research at first is the best option for now, browsing around forums like this is a good start.
    Reading books helps a lot too in answering most of your questions. After having a bit of knowledge behind you, you can then decide if you want to go ahead with signing up to any program. More often than not, you can learn most of it on your own if you just keep on researching.

PHP | Mortgage Station Pty Ltd
    http://www.mortgagestation.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Give us a call or send us an email for a free residex report.

Profile photo of DamoDamo
    Participant
    @damo30

Thanks php For the input I have read Steve mcknights 0-130 in 3.5 years and have just started reading another book about managing renovations if you have any suggestions for reading material that can help me on my way I would be more then happy for the advice

Profile photo of PHPPHP
    Participant
    @php

Hey Damo,

I got this from another poster on a different forum. This is from Singo.
    He put this extensive list together so all credits to him. Some of the books that he mentioned changed my life for real. My outlook in life is now different because of these books.

Reading books gives lots of ideas. I love reading and collecting books. Over the last couple of years, I have bought more than 40 books on property investing. 7 Steps to Wealth is the first book I read. John L Fitzgerald gave as a free gift in one of his seminars. From 0 to 130 properties in 3.5 years is the first book I bought. Now and then newbies ask what books to read and the sticky we have is 10+ years old. So I thought a list of books I have would be useful.

“This is my Property Investing Library

General
    * My four year old property investor (Cam McLellan)
    * How to build a multi million dollar property portfolio (Michael Yardney)
    * Mastering the Australian housing market (John Lindeman)
    * From 0 to 130 properties in 3.5 years (Steve McKnight)
    * How to achieve property success (Margaret Lomas)
    * Smart Questions Property Investors Must Ask their Solicitor (Robert Balanda)
    * Property Investing for Dummies
    * Ignite your Property Investment Mojo (Lenore Miller)
    * A pocket guide to investing in Positive Cashflow property (Margaret Lomas)
    * The investment property plan (Stephen Zamykal)
    * 7 Steps to Wealth (John L Fitzgerald)
    * From 0 to Financial Freedom (Steve McKnight)

Development
    * Profit from Property (Philip Thomas)
    * An intelligent guide to Australian property development (Ron Forlee)
    * Australian Property Development (Ron Forlee)

Taxation
    * Winning Property Tax Strategies (Julia Hartman, Noel Whittaker)
    * Property and Taxation (Jimmy B. Prince)
    * Claim It (Tyron Hyde)
    * Rental Property and Taxation (Tony Compton)

Renovation
    * The Renovator’s Survival uide (Amanda Falconer)
    * Planning your perfect home renovation (Alex May)
    * The Insider’s Guide to Renovating For Profit (Patrick Bright)
    * The Beginner Renovator (Edward Mundie)

Property Management
    * Managing your Investment Property (Rachel Barnes and Geoff Doidge)
    * Simple and Successful Property Management (Leah Calnan)

Investor Stories
    * Building Wealth Story by Story (Jan Somers)
    * More Wealth from Residential Property (Jan Somers)
    * Real Property Real People Unreal Profits (Geoff Doidge and Paul Eslick)
    * The Property Millionaires Next Door”

Hope this helps!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of PHP PHP.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @damo30

Thanks again php for your help there is definitely enough books there to keep me busy for a while and answer a lot of questions I have. one more question for you php I am just starting to research starting a trust company do you have any helpful hints about them??

Profile photo of PHPPHP
    Participant
    @php

What exactly do you mean Damo?

Do you want to set up a Trust to be used for investing? If that is the case, a good accountant can help you out with that. Look for the ones that is also a property investor himself and he can setup a Trust specific to you goal. You can also go to your local library and try to borrow this book about Trust. – Trust Magic by Gatherum-Goss.. a really easy to understand explanation of Trusts.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @damo30

Sorry php I should have explained myself better and yes I was talking about setting the trust up to buy investment properties I have got a really good accountant at the moment so I will make an appointment and start picking her brain I think.

Profile photo of PHPPHP
    Participant
    @php

That would be the best option for you. I am not an accountant so I can’t give you advice on this matter. Just make sure that your accountant is also a property investor as they would have been on the same situation as you before thinking about this structure.
    Just keep in mind too though that this will cost you a bit of money to set up and maintain. So it could be beneficial for u or could be detrimental to your investing journey especially on the early days of property accumulation. There’s a few accountants that posts here too that is also a savvy property investor.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @damo30

Thanks for the heads up about finding an accountant that is also an investor I will have to ask my accountant a little more about herself, I have been doing a bit of research on the trust they do cost a bit but I am in the highest tax bracket already with my work and the trust seems to make the most sense if I am going to get serious about buying more realestate for my situation.

Profile photo of PHPPHP
    Participant
    @php

Good on you mate for identifying that critical information early on in the game… Because this could potentially cost you a lot of money to fix later on.

Cheers!

Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.