All Topics / Overseas Deals / Income Education course offered in Australia

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Profile photo of #Planning Permit#Planning Permit
    Participant
    @planning

There are some in Melbourne who charge very high fees to find a property and more fees to design and get permits. Then there is the one I posted here on the property spruikers who are being chased by ASIC. Money goes and refunds hardly come back in full. Think twice before thinking higher fees equal better product.

#Planning Permit | AuArchitecture
    http://www.auarchitecture.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Subdivision expert with 250 planning permits approved by Melbourne Councils

Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

Hi All,
    I attended the Income Education seminar last night and the way they have presented it this time is you sign up attend the seminar and once you have completed your first transaction you will get your course fee refunded in full. Am thinking of doing it. I would like hear form anyone else that has attended their 3 day seminar. I am inteseted in the tax lien aspect.
    Thanks Cath

Hi there – everyone I know that have proceeded have regretted it. Whats your strategy? people on here can help less the pricetag.

Cheers Ivan

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Profile photo of Cath01Cath01
    Participant
    @cath01

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses.

At this stage I am still researching and have not made a decision on what I am going to do.

Have you got any tips as to where I can start learning more about buying/investing in the US.

Your feedback is appreciated
    Cath :-)

Profile photo of Stephen DuncombeStephen Duncombe
    Participant
    @stephenduncombe

hi Cath

What was it about tax liens that you liked?

Did they provide you with a basic approach on how to go about buying tax liens in your chosen state?

Participant
    @cath01

Hi Steve,

No, I have to do their 3 day course to get that info, so I know nothing about tax liens only they exist and if you hunt for one that has not been bought or expired it is a good investment.

Thanks Cath

Profile photo of Stephen DuncombeStephen Duncombe
    Participant
    @stephenduncombe

Okay thanks for that. Tax Liens are an exciting opportunity in the US. You certainly don’t need 3 days to learn about them.

What I found attractive about tax Liens is they are backed by the US government. They come about when a property owner has not paid their annual property taxes (our council rates here), after a certain time the county will put a lien on the property (similar to a caveat here) and then sell it to the highest bidder and guarantee a fixed rate of return each year. e.g Lee County in Florida is an 18% return on the cost of the lien. The county do this as they need to pay for public services and if no one paid there taxes they cannot run these local services such as the police force!

Investors buy liens as they are very low risk, backed by the US government, as long as you don’t mind waiting a year or two for your return. The idea though is to buy the right liens that are likely to get paid out as you do not necessarily want to have to force foreclosure on a property, which leads to more time. Albeit you are earning interest the longer it runs.

If you foreclose you can then end up with the property, which for some investors is why they buy tax liens, however I think the opportunity to end up with the property is less and less in the current climate, while property prices are rising again, owners are less inclined to walk away and find a way to repay their debts and keep onto their home and biggest asset.

Participant
    @cath01

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help.

I am going to start researching them further.

Cheers Cath :-)

Profile photo of JimJim
    Participant
    @jimmh

Hi Cath,
    May be this message is too late as advise but PLS DON’T FALL IN TO THE TRAP OF INCOME EDUCATION USA.!

I have been gullible and paid $25000 for a Platinum package and now fighting back for a refund of which I am being denied. They a crooks and they will trap you to buy their own property at a Buying Summit (I attended one in Gold Coast) and they sell property with mortgages and liens (caveats) without disclosing any info. When you go to sell them, you’ll find that you are being duped.
    So, NO NO NO, PLEASE.
    Cheers

Participant
    @cath01

Hi Jim,

Your feed back is not too late, as I did hold off, luckily thanks to my boyfriend who made me do more research and I was unable to find any positive feed back.

To be honest a part of me still wanted to do the seminar at a later date to prove that it would work, but thanks to this forum I am no longer considering it a viable investment option.

To anyone else who has got real time feed back re their experience with income education please keep posting so others can have somewhere that will help them hear all sides and make informed decisions.

Your post is appreciated

Thanks Cath

Profile photo of JimJim
    Participant
    @jimmh

good on you Cath.

Profile photo of Judith OttosenJudith Ottosen
    Participant
    @tallpoppy

Cath, I have heard that there is a time limit on when the first property must be purchased and the inventory is slim pickings. If you want to invest, speak to any of us here on the forum for guidance. I’ve been in Florida for 7 years now and have learnt many of the pitfalls. I almost always have new clients that have been stuffed around and now need to be bailed out. Don’t become another statistic with high priced courses.

Judith Ottosen | Outback Realty LLC
    Email Me

Profile photo of HarryHarry
    Participant
    @harryinc

I attended their seminar back in 2014 and thankfully was busy during their 3 days training program. After doing some research online, I came across people who had very bad experiences with them. The company called Empowernet promotes such events where they gather people who show how they live a king size lifestyle by investing in properties, online business, stock market etc. The seminar is promoted by adding pictures of people like Tony Robbins, Robert Kiyosaki, Richard Branson etc. These guys do attend the event but they are there only for 40 mins to 1 hour max and behave as if they have no clue what the other speakers are talking about. It was funny when this guy said the US property is hot to invest right now and later Robert Kiyosaki was explaining how the US property is going down. The idea is to attract people for the seminars and then drag them in to various courses. Then they ask people to take more courses which are costlier and it keeps going on. The way they attract people at the seminar is pretty impressive and its best to keep your credit cards at home before attending such seminars.

I was lucky to get my refund and it really makes me feel sad that these guys are still operating here. In fact, they had a 2 day seminar in Melbourne with Tony Robbins yesterday & today. I guess they will be in Sydney on Saturday & Sunday. Attend the seminar but dont pay for the courses.

A Google search on Empowernet scam, Income Education scam can help. Search on YouTube for “Robert Kisyosaki exposed” to know how they operate. Hope this helps.

Profile photo of CookCook
    Participant
    @onlinepropertyeducation

I think because they are absolutely brilliant presenters, it really gets people excited. They are very calculating in how they present, what they tell people. As Australians aren’t used to that type of presentation many are trusting that their many promises are true.

Fact of life guys continuing education costs money!! And learn you do, either by paying to improve your knowledge or paying through your mistakes. The big thing at the moment seems to be SMSF.

I (unfortunately) entered a competition online and am getting a heap of calls from telemarketers promoting property investment through an SMSF which of course they can help you set up, oh and they also have access to under priced properties direct from the builder that they can also supply. Come on people!!! why would anyone sell a property to you for less than its worth?

There is definitely money to be made investing in real estate though. 52 out of the top 200 in this years rich list made their money directly

I don’t know why anyone would pay to learn how to invest in the US though when we have so many opportunities

Profile photo of RichieRichie
    Participant
    @richib

My advice is to stay away from Income Education (or whatever they call themselves now).
    They are really good at marketing the results of a few people… and mostly Americans. They will hype you up and take your money. But that is about it.

I was a diamond member, went to the buying summit in Vegas, purchased additional training and tried utilizing their teachings. Approximately 50k later I realised that they are just after my money. Worst mistake I ever made.

In regards to their services, I got very little useful support and the training material was vague, outdated and useless to Australians. Even the people on the support lines were of no help because they knew nothing of running a real estate business from Australia.

Save your money and invest it here in Australia. I am convinced they are just trying to help America recover and dont care about who they destroy in their objective.
    If I had a second chance I wouldn’t have given them a cent. This is your warning.

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.