All Topics / Help Needed! / Can I change Depreciation Schedule?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of www_ericwww_eric
    Participant
    @www_eric

Hi Everyone,

My apartment is 3 bedroom apartment built in year 2010 in Hurstville. I used surveyor  recommended by builder to conduct the depreciation schedule.

After using this schedule for 3 years for tax, I found other surveyor actually could  give better figure.

So my question is can I use depreciation schedule from other surveyor (e.g. Washition Brown)? Will it be a problem for Tax return?

I asked my accountant last time. she said ATO may ask for the reason why I change and it can be a problem. is that right?

btw, I did a renovation (timber floor)

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

The tax department don't look at the actual depreciation schedule. If you have done reno's it would change anyway.

Is it worth getting another one done? I can't see how they would be different. What's different- the amount they are depreciating on different things? because the % depreciated on each item should be the same. Or is it that you are changing from diminishing to flat? You aren't supposed to do that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.