All Topics / Help Needed! / Where to begin – potential sub-division

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of NorburmNorburm
    @norburm

Hi,

I'm seeking expertise and guidance from those "in the know".

We bought our first and only house in Windsor, QLD, back in 2007, as an investment whilst we were living abroad. We've since returned to Aus and are now living in said property. 445sqm, with 22m frontage, city views from rear. The house as it stands (post-war, highset) is not sufficient for our family size or personal style so we would like to explore our options:

1. Raise, build under, and renovate

2. Demolish and re-build family home for own occupancy

3. Sub-divide and build 2 x town houses, 3 bed 2.5 bath, perhaps sell one, hold other for rental income (LMR, DCP, LURC) – other developments/renos already done on our street and surrounding areas, and our lot had sub-division approvals in place at time of our purchase.

4. Just sell

Where do we begin in exploring cost options for each; for calculating and comparing profit margins for options 3 and 4. Who should we/do we need to talk to for each or all of the options? Do we need to have plans designed fully before they can be costed or are there industry averages? Is it like a jigsaw pizzle and i will need info from a variety of sources to examine the big picture? Basically how do we begin and how much time do we need to allow to get all the facts and figures before us?

Insight much appreciated.

Profile photo of wilko1wilko1
    Participant
    @wilko1

445 sqm total. Your development subdivision options could be limited. Best to check with local council about what policy area you are in and seek advice from a Planning consultant. They can determine your options for subdivision. Or you can read the development plan for the local area.

You can then get building designer drafts person ( cheaper then a architect) to draw up a proposal.

You then submit to council obtain planning and building approvals

Obtain demolishing and rebuilding quotes.

Industry averages can be found on BMT tax deprecations on the cost of sqm. for 1,2,3 bed of high medium and low quality with single or double story.

How much is your property worth? How much do you owe? How much would a 3 bed 2.5 bed home be worth in your area.

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Under the new City Plan 2014 you can divide in LMR areas down to as low as 180m2 in the right location.

Have a look at http://www.brisbanecityplan2012.com.au 

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.