All Topics / Help Needed! / Lowest risk approach in creating equity?? Roughly $30k equity $40k cash

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Woody1986
    Participant
    @woody1986

Hi Guys   Hoping for some ideas on where to go next for investing….Have had a bit of luck with an IP I bought last year that has gone from $215k to $250k,,,,,I am hoping to use the equity from that (currently owe $205k roughly with commbank) and also have $40k case saved with my partner….I dont like the idea of just buy and hold again and want to hopefully create more equity….I can also access the $15k FHOG as I have never lived in my properties ……..Any suggestions whether it be a reno/duplex development/ see a professional to buy under market etc???     thanks in advance for taking the time       PS …How do I create paragraphs?…my ENTER button doesnt seem to work when posting    thanks agian

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Woody

Welcome to the forum and i hope you enjoy your time with us.

Have to say given that CBA will only go to 90% lvr on an equity release you are going to fairly limited as unless you build or buy a new PPOR you won't qualify for the new build boost and therefore are going to have to use your own funds / equity to cover your deposit and acquisition costs.

From a quick calculation your total cash reserves come to around $60K so your acquisition price and the type of project you can acquire is going to be capped.

You might want too think about a 100% loan or a facility where you can get a secured line of credit over and above the 90% lvr as these funds could be used for renovation, subdivision etc.

Alternatively look at some creative financing or cash flow ideas to build cash flow / equity combined.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Woody1986
    Participant
    @woody1986

Hi RIchard….Thanks very much for the speedy reply….You mention looking into a 100% loan facility although commbank only do LVR of 90% on equity??? How would that work and how is that different to an equity release loan??? thanks Richard

Participant
    @qlds007

Would have to be a 90% CBA equity loan and then another lender for the new IP loan.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Woody1986
    Participant
    @woody1986

Ah ok…Thanks for that… I think my broker is going down that path…I am trying to keep as much cash as possible…My original plan is to just try and buy a smaller priced property )maybe a unit) for around 220k using the equity as a deposit and Sduty costs etc and rent it for 290-300 pw…..and then buy a house up the central coast of NSW for around $350k  ( this purchase is a bit emotional as I want to move there)….I am just dreading running out of cash reserves so I realise I have to start putting my investing brain to work and think outside the square to continue on the property investment journey…hopefully                                                                                                                                                                    

Participant
    @qlds007

Hopefully your Broker wont be using the equity but taking out a separate sub loan.

Do not cross collateralise the securities under any circumstances.

With the right loan selection and sufficient income / rent you should never run out of equity.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Woody1986
    Participant
    @woody1986

Great thanks again RIchard…. I believe that is what he is doing as we are going to go through a different lender for the loan while using the equity sub loan as the deposit…Hopefully my next couple of purchases can produce some good cash flow as I believe the low interest rates wont be around forever….

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Woody

If you have any doubts with the structure – best to get a pro like Richard on board.

Sounds like your current broker isn't crossing though so that's always a good thing.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.