All Topics / Value Adding / Foot into Development

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of oc1oc1
    Participant
    @oc1

Good work!

I wouldn't say it's the BEST way, it is A way to profit from development.

Oscar

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

About to go into Beta testing in about 2 weeks, official launch early August.

Profile photo of Investor RosInvestor Ros
    @investor-ros

Nathan, we are about to embark on our first development of 3 units on a property we have had for some years. We have other investment properties also. Our strategy is to have as much paid off the property as possible to reduce the amount of finance required for the development.

Walking to run
    Participant
    @alisdair-horgen

I think when it comes down to bigger unit developments. If your building to hold them and your Servicablity can afford that, then what presales are you going to need? (None) provided you meet the LVR requirements. I’m about to start building 7 townhouses in a couple months. That’s all residential lending at 80 %. At worse they would go to a 70 % GRV loan for the 7 units. And then convert them all to 80 % individual loans at the end of the project.

Wilco, how did this go? I’m interested in doing something similar and need advice.

Is it profitable to buy the land, get your subdivisions and sell the plans to a developer? This would save me the huge finance.

Property I’m thinking is already $1m, the development would be another $2m. I can’t afford it. What would you recommend?

Ever had a developer pay you with real estate from the development?

Can this work?

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.