All Topics / General Property / subdivison steps & price

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of usernameusername
    @username

Hi, ok looking at buying a place in Logan City with a block large enough to subdivide into 2 blocks.now i want to live in the house & sell of the other block.Now before i do this i want to know the steps to doing this & roughly how much it will cost.i have searched & get different answers.so iam hoping there is someone on here that has done this.i quickly spoke to the council & they said around $30,000 would cover it. so i believe i need to talk to a town planner, ive rang a couple but no one has gotten back to me yet.

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

HI

For rough numbers you will be looking at

$2200 for planners fees, around the same for council

$3-$5k for surveyor

$2-$5k each for sewer and water hookups

$28k for infrastructure contributions

If the blocks slope away from the street stormwater will be extra.

If you split front to back you will also need to provide driveway, underground power, telecoms, and possibly a fire hydrant

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Profile photo of usernameusername
    @username

Thanks RPI, The $28k infrastructure is that council part? so yeah hopeflly find a block with house out the front & subdivide the back.where you have $2-$5k for sewer & water dont council supply water & sewer to the property.

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

Hi RPI, the $28k contributions costs is that just a qld thing? In Victoria its around 2% of land value and only payable if subdividing into 3 or more lots.

Profile photo of oc1oc1
    Participant
    @oc1

Hey Joe,

It is actually 5%. Each council then decides what they want to charge. Eg. Brimbank 2%, Darebin 3%, Latrobe 5%. When you develop in a new subdivision (3+ dwellings) no contributions are payable as the council cannot double dip. The original land developer has already paid this.

The beauty of a 2 lot subdivision is the fact the no contributions are payable. Works well in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

Cheers

Oscar

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Qld Max is

$28k per lot for 3 bed or more

$21k per lot for 2 bed or less

Varies council to council

regards

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel
    oc1 wrote:
    Hey Joe,

It is actually 5%. Each council then decides what they want to charge. Eg. Brimbank 2%, Darebin 3%, Latrobe 5%. When you develop in a new subdivision (3+ dwellings) no contributions are payable as the council cannot double dip. The original land developer has already paid this.

The beauty of a 2 lot subdivision is the fact the no contributions are payable. Works well in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

Cheers

Oscar

Just out of curiosity, why don’t councils charge the full 5%? It seems to me a subdivision in Victoria is much cheaper to do than Queensland.

@username

thanx guys, lets just say i have found a place that looks good to subdivide.what do i do next put down a depsoit on the house,check with council, get in contact with a planner & surveyor to make sure it can be divided.or can council tell you straight from the plans if the place can be divided.

@username

can someone tell me why 2 post have been deleted??

@username

Sorry to be a pain but i want to know every step before i commit to this, dont want any other bills comming in.
    So I have a bit of an idea on cost, looking at about 60k which seems like a lot.
    So lets say I have brought the new place, the council say its all good to go ahead.
    What’s next?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.