All Topics / General Property / Viewing homes for sale

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Kara47Kara47
    Participant
    @kara47

Hello All,

Looking to buy my first property in the next few months. I have been to the same Real Estate Agency twice in the past couple of months, asked to book a time to look at homes they have for sale. Received no follow up phone calls at all. Is this usual practice or are they just crap? They don't do rentals, so you would think they would be after any potential sale, especially when one of the homes has been on the market for over 12 months.

Your thoughts?

Cheers,

Kara

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Depends on the market – when market is flat and there are no buyers you can't stop Re's calling you but when the market is up and there are too many buyers many agents don't even bother calling you.

Have you tried talking to the principal?

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    Kara47 wrote:
    Hello All,

Looking to buy my first property in the next few months.

Hi Kara

Is this the language you use with the REA's?

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Kara47Kara47
    Participant
    @kara47

Thanks Shahin & Jamie,

I actually went in with a list of properties I wanted to see, asked if could make a time to see them. First visit they asked if I had pre approval & clearly weren't interested when I said no.

This time I had pre approval ( lesson learnt).

It took nearly 24 hours, but the principal did ring & took me to view the properties today. ( I was ringing her if she didn't!!)

Any advice on making an offer, what to include in your conditions, and how low under the asking price would you initially offer? Property has been on the market for about 9 – 12 months.

Thanks,

Kara.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

There's so much research that needs to get into a purchase – look at comparative sales, comparative listings, the motivation behind the sale, the length of time on the market, has the price dropped over time, is there anything structurally wrong with the property – the list goes on.

When I've worked out how much I want to spend on a property – I start with an initial offer that allows me to increase a couple of times. 

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of EmilEmil
    @emil

Hi,

Things like this don’t usually happen. Follow-ups are never neglected by professional agencies, as they know that good service wins the game. Not to assist your clients is to defeat the purpose of having a real estate agency. I’d say you look for another one, there are plenty to choose from.

Cheers,

Emil

Sunbuild Invest

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.