All Topics / General Property / removable homes as an option?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of mizfitzmizfitz
    Participant
    @mizfitz

Has anyone used removable homes with any luck? Am looking at purchasing a block in dalby qld for $60k and spending roughly $100k on a removable house with rent expected to be around the $250 p/w range. Am interested in anyone’s expertise in this area. Cheers

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

Just go to do your numbers Miz. They're as viable as anything. You have to evaluate them on a comparative basis. So if an old but reno'd house existed on your site now what would its value be today. You have to beat that price by at least 30% to make it worthwhile. 

Profile photo of fredo_4305fredo_4305
    Participant
    @fredo_4305

I think there is actually a removal home company in Dalby or very close by.  Never used them but have spoke to them about the prospect. The price generally includes all costs of transport etc etc of a certain distance as long as its not too complicated ie shutting down roads etc. It also includes getting it put onto low stumps.

Alot of them though do more often or not require a renovation.  There are some that are more than liveable. But if you want it really nice then they would definately require a reno. They offer building services along with finance people.

I have to trains of thought on them.  You either get one because you want an authentic Queenslander or the like and you renovate it to the nines in a good area or you buy one that is liveable and put it on a block where you will make a bit of cash and or rent it for a good return.

I think its definitely something to look at but it needs to be a simple route to your block and you need to be aware of all the costs. I think there could be a few more hidden then a normal build.

Profile photo of mizfitzmizfitz
    Participant
    @mizfitz

Thanks for the feedback, its definately food for thought, holding costs and financing are also hurdles as well as council permits.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.