All Topics / Help Needed! / Contract conditions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Ross.PoulterRoss.Poulter
    @ross.poulter

Hi all,

I am looking at purchasing a new IP and was wondering if 

anyone had any extra conditions they use on the contract of sale over and above the usual subject to finance, building and pest inspections.

cheers,

Ross 

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Hi Ross,

Yes it happens a lot with Contracts of Sale hence the importance of having a solicitor review the COS before you purchase.

Did you have a specific question or concern because there a lots of different variations. 

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of KevinGrunertKevinGrunert
    @kevingrunert

Hi Ross,

One of Steve's tips from his first book was to put a sunset clause on the offer form – ie Expires Friday, 4pm. That way, you can try and force the vendor to respond quicker and accept the offer. 

Otherwise, I think you've covered everything that I'd be including in the contract for purchasing a single dwelling with no subdivision potential. If you were looking to subdivide, then I'd be including "Subject to satisfactory soil test" as well, and have the engineering firm that is used by your builder to go and perform a soil test in the area where you'd be building the second dwelling and report back. 

Hope this helps.

Kevin.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    Ross.Poulter wrote:
    Hi all,

I am looking at purchasing a new IP and was wondering if 

anyone had any extra conditions they use on the contract of sale over and above the usual subject to finance, building and pest inspections.

cheers,

Ross 

You can write anything into a contract. Is there something specific that you're trying to achieve?

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Remember Ross any Condition needs to be accepted by the Vendor.

I am a great believer in trying to combine conditions under a Due diligence condition rather than have 101 individual conditions.

As long as your Solicitor ensures you are well covered then try and keep it simple for the vendor to accept.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

You can add any reasonable conditions and clauses beside general conditions and terms of a contract. I recommend you to consult with a lawyer if you are unable to draft it yourself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.