All Topics / Finance / multiple loan applications

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of PFrankyXPFrankyX
    @pfrankyx

Hi, I am currently under contract on a property in Gladstone and have had to obtain multiple loan applications.

The initial loan through my broker was rejected by the mortgage insurer (90% loan) as the valuer classified Gladstone as a category 4 (high risk) area on market volatility and stability. I personally am not concerned about my choice in area.

Anyway, since the initial application was rejected on that behalf, I have since gone to my bank and also had my broker seek an alternate source.

My bank has put together a pretty impressive package and yet to receive formal approval, however we received formal approval from the lender the Broker had sourced.

My question is, if we recieve formal approval from both new lenders, can i just choose one and not be penalised by the other we choose not to go with. No loan documents have been signed.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Shouldn't be an issue. Just choose one – and sign the one lot of paper work.

Might be an idea to not withdraw the other application from the other lender just yet (just in case). Their approval should be valid for 90 days.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of PFrankyXPFrankyX
    @pfrankyx

Yes, that is the plan. I just wasn't' sure if there are any hidden fees once a formal approval had been given, such as their valuation, legal costs etc.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Not usually.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Just make sure the new lender doesn't use the same mortgage insurer as even if the Bank approve under DUA the Insurer might still scupper the deal at the last minute.

You Broker should be aware of which insurer the lender uses.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Westpac can go up to 95% but the max loan amount is $500k. What is the loan amount?

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.