All Topics / Help Needed! / Rockhampton

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of MACQMACQ
    @macq

Hi,

I would like opinion of the locals on good areas in rockhampton. In addition to this is 4x2x2 the best way to go in rocky?

Any one knows any good PM that would be great as well

Thanks

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

I'm not sure of specific areas or streets, but a free tool you can use to gather info on sales for the area is the past history of sold properties on realestate.com.au

You can look at them on this map.

An assumption would be that higher sales prices equate to better areas. Also look at the current properties for lease for ideas about vacancy and rental values.

– Steve

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of LeKasiaLeKasia
    @lekasia

Hi,

Having previously lived in Rockhampton for 20+yrs, I'd steer clear of: Depot Hill and the south ends (flood areas) of Berserker, Lakes Creek (unless aiming at renting to abbottoir workers) and certain areas of Koongal, Rockhampton City and West Rockhampton.  Good suburbs are Frenchville, Berserker (northern end), Allenstown, Wandal & The Range (pricey).  The might be some good buys in Park Avenue & Kawana, but watch for flood zones (PA) and dodgy neighbours (ie: housing commission homes). 

Haven't much looked at Rocky in the past 4yrs (since I sold my house there), but it seems to have not moved a lot (relative to gladstone/mackay) so their could be some good buying.  Speaking to a developer friend up the a few months back, he tells me that doing DA's has become a lot harder to stack up as council recently (last year I believe) massively increased headworks charges in line with state infrastructure legislation – to the tune of $21k per dwelling.

Cheers

Leon

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

My CQ office is based in Rockhampton and most of our work is in Mackay at present.  I like Rockhampton as a central feeder area for the greater surrounds, but the market has been up and down there.  

There has been a lot of NRAS 4x2x2 stuff done out Gracemere way over the last year or 2.

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.