All Topics / Help Needed! / Joint property investment

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of FlybeckaFlybecka
    @flybecka
    My sister currently owns a property in Perth and paying off her mortgage in the next 15 years, and since I have a steady income now I would like to help her out by adding my name as a joint owner to that property and also start to chip in to the mortgage. Is this possible? if so, how do I go about it?
    Also, by doing this, does this mean I will lose my first home owner's grant?
    Profile photo of sevilleseville
    @seville

I think you will have to get a loan to buy half of what the value is today. I don't think the FHOG is available for this. I might be wrong. Maybe someone more knowledgable can give you better info.

Profile photo of FlybeckaFlybecka
    @flybecka
    Profile photo of sevilleseville
    @seville

First home owners grant

Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799

1) ask some solicitors about adding the name to the title and see if you are qualify for FHOG.

2) also talk to some mortgage brokers and bank to see how you can get a loan to buy half of the property from your sister.

TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

i would strongly suggest to actually contact the state goverment. Their contact details would be on the state gov't webpage.. they're very helpful with questions about the first home owners benefits

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Fly

Yes hate to say you would lose your entitlement to the FHOG as the current Title is in your sisters name.

Secondly whilst i appreciate you are wishing to do the right thing by your sister why dont you look at buying your own place.
    You only have to satisfy the terms of the Grant in regards to the occupancy period and then you could move out and let the property.

Structure it carefully and you should reap the longer term rewards.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.