All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying ip with super fund $ and bank loan -any tips for new players? Help appreciated

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of jadatom05jadatom05
    @jadatom05

We are buying a high growth lower yield property with our super fund. Our mb says we need to hold one year interest in cash as buffer.

How does making year on year loss impact in super does it carry forward against capital gain is there a time limit for this?

Thoughts advice?

Ta
    Jane

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Jane

Unless your MB is a Licensed Financial Planner i am concerned that he is giving you such advice but that is a separate issue i guess.

If the question is can you negative gear in your SMSF then the answer is YES.

I am at a loss as to why you need to hold 1 years cash in your SMSF as the future contributions made you you or your employer would cater for any potential shortfall and the non cash deductions claimed once you had lodged the Super Fund Tax return.

Which lender is your MB recommending ?

Some MB's are fairly inexperienced at SMSF lending and be suprised how many common mistakes we see if this sphere.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.