All Topics / General Property / 50k price change from agent in a week!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of janinewooljaninewool
    @janinewool

Hi
    I have been keeping my eye on a unit close to where I live and it came on the market at the price of $290,000 plus. The open day was today and it looks to be a good reno project at that price however the agent has now put it up to $339,950. Do you think it would be still ok for me to put an offer in at the lower price or will this be laughed at. I would not put an offer anything over the original price. What everyone’s thought on this price change?

Cheers
    Janine

Profile photo of suzbatssuzbats
    @suzbats

Hi Janine,
    I would make an offer at the lower price. It wouldn’t be laughed at, after all the agent wants to sell the property and any serious offer would be considered.

Profile photo of streamlineinvestingstreamlineinvesting
    Participant
    @streamlineinvesting

You should only put an offer in for what you are comfortable paying. If that is the original offer, then by all means just submit an offer at that rate.

The worst they can do is say no? And I bet every successful property investor has had more offeres rejected than accepted, I know I certainly have (but I am definitely not successful!…yet)

Profile photo of janinewooljaninewool
    @janinewool

Thanks for they replies

Profile photo of DorzyDorzy
    @dorzy

I was talking with my Brother in law
    today, who told me that my ppr
    (principle place of residence) was
    exempt from the capital gains tax. Is
    this a true fact?

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop
    janinewool wrote:
    Hi
    I have been keeping my eye on a unit close to where I live and it came on the market at the price of $290,000 plus. The open day was today and it looks to be a good reno project at that price however the agent has now put it up to $339,950. Do you think it would be still ok for me to put an offer in at the lower price or will this be laughed at. I would not put an offer anything over the original price. What everyone’s thought on this price change?

Cheers
    Janine

Hi Janine,

Never be shy to put in a lower offer. 9 out of 10 times the agent will make you feel bad but 1 out of 10 times you will win. The reason for the price rise is a little strange but it could be either the vendor changing their mind or the initial inspections have been positive and hence a higher asking price.

Shahin Afarin – Property Finance Consultant
    http://elitepropertyfinance.wordpress.com/

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Janine

The lower initial asking price was probably to generate interest – a dodgy tactic but one that's used sometimes.

I wouldn't worry too much about having your offer laughed at – put it forward and see how you go.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of janinewooljaninewool
    @janinewool

Thanks everyone. I think we might put an offer in over the next week or so. It has been on the market just over a month and is a deceased estate so who knows how quickly they want to sell. Anyway I will let you know if we do make an offer. Thanks for the advise.

Profile photo of suzbatssuzbats
    @suzbats
    Dorzy wrote:
    I was talking with my Brother in law
    today, who told me that my ppr
    (principle place of residence) was
    exempt from the capital gains tax. Is
    this a true fact?

HI Dorzy,
    Yes this is true, I was just reading about this myself online.
    Cheers

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop
    janinewool wrote:
    Thanks everyone. I think we might put an offer in over the next week or so. It has been on the market just over a month and is a deceased estate so who knows how quickly they want to sell. Anyway I will let you know if we do make an offer. Thanks for the advise.

Hi Janine,

If you need recent sales to back your offer – we do run free property reports. You are more than welcome to PM me the address of the property and I will email you the report.

Shahin Afarin – Property Finance Consultant
    http://elitepropertyfinance.wordpress.com/

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Dorzy and subbats

The statement is correct in the majority of situations but subject to certain occupancy requirements.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of simplesimple
    Participant
    @simple
    janinewool wrote:
    Hi

Cheers
    Janine

Janine,
    I would come to the RE office, asked for salesmen. Looked in his eye and asked cause of the price change. Watch his body language, hands, eyes, voice. Forget the face, good one’s learned to manipulate that.
    Compare the answer to what you see. Based on that make your judgement and adjust strategy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.