All Topics / Value Adding / Redevelopment in Horsham

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of weathjessweathjess
    Participant
    @weathjess

Hi,
    I have a 580 square meter corner block in Horsham across the road from Horsham hospital. It is a great piece of land with a falling down house on it. I am looking at sub diving the land and building 2 x 2 bedroom units on the land. I have spoken to the council and they don’t have a minimum subdivision size for residential zones so without seeing plans of course they seemed to think it wouldn’t be a problem.

My questions are – considering the proximity of the land to the hospital

1. Should I build units or doctors rooms?
    2. Should I do the development myself or should I sell the land to a builder on builders terms?
    3. Does anyone know a rough build cost for 2x 2 bed units so that I can do a bit of due diligence on whether it is feasible and profitable?

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

thank you

Profile photo of Stacey SurveyingStacey Surveying
    Participant
    @stacey-surveying

Hi there,

I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t do the development yourself. The key is in having a good team of professionals around you.

In terms of feasibility you’re probably best in speaking with a planner to look at various options, possibilities and ultimately what will get you the best value for money. With residential subdivisions, councils in Vic want to see at minimum a rough design for the new dwelling in the planning application, so is a priority to sort out what you want to do with the site.

Cheers,

Profile photo of vicplannervicplanner
    @vicplanner

Hi Jess,

I have sent you a private message, however i have just got a planning permit for a client on a property a little bigger than yours in Horsham. Essentially we ended up getting approval for three dwelling, one of which was a three bedroom whilst the remainder were two bedroom's. Essentially in terms of feasibility it was all about designing affordable housing. Which basically resulted in minimal amounts of walls, limited materials and low finishes.

Regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.