All Topics / Help Needed! / Property Manager in Adelaide

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of wladpwladp
    @wladp

Hi everyone, I need a good property manager for a house located in Parafield Gardens (north suburbs). I have already spoken to 7 agents to get an idea of what services they provide and what they charge. Surprisingly for me, it's not that obvious what agent to choose. First of all, none of them really impressed me. Secondly, despite charging different rates (from 6.6% to 9.9%) and fees for inspections/admin etc, the total amount of money that I would need to pay them in 3 years is about the same (+/- $300-$350 for most of them). This fact pretty much makes them equal in terms of money and the quality of their services becomes the only reason for deciding what agent to use. The big question now: can anyone please recommend an agent (prefer north suburbs, but it's not critical) or share experience (perhaps negative) from the past so that I can have a better picture of whom to avoid and who does great job. Thank you in advance.

PS Can anybody say anything about Anreps, Adelaide Residential Rentals and Larcor? thanks

Profile photo of Christine85Christine85
    Participant
    @christine85

Hi Watch out that you consider the property management service as a whole rather than only a particular property manager.  The individual we chose left that agency and the next person was inexperienced. They put the tenants off side by being 'nit picky' and dismissing their concerns, an e.g. being the front door not closing due to swelling in winter (I tried it myself the other day and the door really gets stuck – if you get it closed it wont open again).

Also, I would like to hear people's comment on whether there are property managers who 'love what they do'  and plan to keep doing it (particularly if they know of one in Adelaide).  I get the impression that a number of property managers are actually aspiring sales agents getting 'experience' and a leg in at an agency while waiting to move on to become a 'real' real estate agent doing sales.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.