All Topics / Creative Investing / Marketing of options

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of ajacksajacks
    Participant
    @ajacks

Greetings investors.

One thing that's been on my mind lately in relation to a project I'm involved in pertains to marketing. Are agents in the business of marketing options on sales or should I get on gumtree like quite a few others?  Any ideas?

Cheers,

A

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi A

We use Gumtree to advertise the properties we have for sale with vendor finance (VF), i.e. Lease/Options and Instalment Contracts.  We also know vendor financiers that use Agents to sell their VF properties.

Could you give us a bit more information about the project and your marketing thoughts?

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of SMSF101SMSF101
    @smsf101

what are the odds if you took both?:)

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Agents don't generally get involved in marketing options over a private treaty because they sell property where they get their commission in 42 days (not on the never never plan where the option is subject to a lot more than achieving an approval on a development site).

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

As Scott mentions, the idea of getting your commission when an Option is exercised and the transfer takes place, is not very appealing to an Agent.

However, like most things in real estate ;-) when an Agent gets paid their commission can be negotiated.  We know quite a few Rent To Own (Lease/Option) sellers that pay the Agent 50% of the commission when the Lease/Option is established and pay the other 50% when the Option is exercised and transfer takes place.  And, of course, these percentages are negotiable  ;-)

Sure the second 50% is a bit on the never never plan so I guess the Agents just look at it as '50% of something'.

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

It just depends upon how quiet they are at the time.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Also the state of the general market.

When they are twiddling their thumbs they are probably quite happy to talk about anything to a vendor.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel
    Qlds007 wrote:
    Also the state of the general market.

When they are twiddling their thumbs they are probably quite happy to talk about anything to a vendor.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

So very true, have you tried getting an agent return your call when things are booming?

Profile photo of shereebeckershereebecker
    @shereebecker

There are real estate agents that will sell your lease options or instalment sales for you… in fact any agent will sell anything as long as they get a commission if you explain it to them simply what they need to sell for you.

Cheers

Sheree

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Yes we have 6 appointed introducers here in Qld who we take business from and pay them all the same commission rate.

Be surprised how many agents want to get on board when times are quiet or they have the buyer but we wont take the deal from them.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.