All Topics / Value Adding / Who could recommend builders/ tradesmen for a heritage listed 2 bed room semi-detached house in Fremantle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of LewanaLewana
    @lewana

I need to renovate my Duplex/Semi-Detached 2 bedroom house with a view to turn the heritage listed property into a short term rental property.

The house has been rented for the last three years but it now looks rather tired and more than a bit unloved, especially the garden areas.Typically Fremantle the house has a long  hallway, 2 generous bedrooms, an open plan lounge with with an out-dated gas fireplace, a pleasant kitchen with solid timber cupboards, dining room area  and a small bathroom with a shower over a bathtub.
    The house has retained period features such as wide polished jarrah boards, leadlight windows, high ceilings and ceiling roses.
    In the back there is a cobble stone entertaining area and a small terraced garden which includes a seperate laundry and an additional toilet – full of spiders right now and the toilet probably from the seventies.

The house itself is in a relative good condition but needs to be partially rewired to bring it up to date with today's requirements for electrical appliances and air-conditoning. It also needs to be repainted inside and out. The balustrade in front needs to replaced by a good carpenter –  And it would be great if our budget would allow for a new bathroom.

What is the best way to go about this renovation? How do I find a good builder with experience with heritage listed buildings Has anybody undertaken such a renovation in Fremantle and could therefore give any recommendations?

Many thanks in advance to members of this forum.

Profile photo of AlasdairAlasdair
    Participant
    @alasdair

Fremantle Builders restore and renovate heritage buildings in the Fremantle area.

Fremantle Builders
    Phone: 9314 5595
    Shop 5, 279 South Street Hilton
    Fremantle WA 6163 Australia

Profile photo of LewanaLewana
    @lewana
    S wrote:
    Fremantle Builders restore and renovate heritage buildings in the Fremantle area. Fremantle Builders Phone: 9314 5595 Shop 5, 279 South Street Hilton Fremantle WA 6163 Australia

Thanks, S for the feedback. Fremantle Builders were already on my list but I assumed that they might be the most expenxive . Does anybody have a personal experience with fremantle renovators? Would really appreciate personal experiences. Thank you all for taking the time to answer my question.

Profile photo of wisepearlwisepearl
    @wisepearl

i can highly recommend Tony Broughton from Broughton Construction. Unsure if he has worked on heritage but he has worked with me on 3 projects now and I'm always happy with his service and price. Tell him Emma Celis recommended him

best advise i can give you is to be aware of any heritage restrictions before commencing work. friend of mine did  reno in fremantle and removed a stone chimney only to be told by council it had to be re-erected!

Profile photo of LewanaLewana
    @lewana
    wisepearl wrote:
    i can highly recommend Tony Broughton from Broughton Construction. Unsure if he has worked on heritage but he has worked with me on 3 projects now and I'm always happy with his service and price. Tell him Emma Celis recommended him

best advise i can give you is to be aware of any heritage restrictions before commencing work. friend of mine did  reno in fremantle and removed a stone chimney only to be told by council it had to be re-erected!

Thanks you so much for the recommendation, Emma

It really helps to have choices beccause good and reliable builders are hard to find.

As I am aware that Fremantle Council has heritage regulations it  makes finding the right builders even more difficult.

Profile photo of Fremantle BuilderFremantle Builder
    @fremantle-builder
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.