All Topics / Help Needed! / Non Conventional Lender Required

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of tmrtmr
    @tmr

Hi All,

What started as a raise existing property and build a 3 bedroom granny flat for an extra $28 000 gross a year income, has now become a demo and build new.

$270 000 for reno, and then discovered approx $300 000 for demo and rebuild.

Bank, ANZ, happy to loan $270 for reno, but because of demo, and only having value of land to base new build loan on, cannot lend.

NAB same answer.

No problem servicing the loan, between other rental property, expected rental income from downstairs, two wages about $184 000 gross a year.

So looking for a solution to problem, a non conventional lender, or someone with a better idea than I.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Mark

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Mark

I think from your post you are saying that you have demolished the existing dwelling and are wanting to construct a new property on the site and that the current land value isnt sufficient to cover the existing debt.

If i have it right then that will be the case with every lender but if i missed something then feel free to correct me.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of tmrtmr
    @tmr
    Qlds007 wrote:

Mark

I think from your post you are saying that you have demolished the existing dwelling and are wanting to construct a new property on the site and that the current land value isnt sufficient to cover the existing debt.

If i have it right then that will be the case with every lender but if i missed something then feel free to correct me.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Hi,

All at the planning stage, at the moment.

Yes, I understand the conventional lenders stance, hence the topic Non Conventional Lender Required.

Does anyone has any ideas to solve the problem???

Cheers

Mark

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Have you tried mezzanine finance?

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

If you could provide some numbers, LVR and how much savings you have etc might be able to work something out…no promises :)

Done a loan for a client in a very simliar situation, Client knock down the property and realize 3 month alter the land value is less then they expected + they had no deposit to make up for the short fall or to start the construction.

Approached us; we supplied private finance of $85,000 secured against their 2 cars and had to refinance their loan over to an acceptable lender that was willing to accept non genuine savings construction ( ie the private personal loan) over 80% LVR.

Doesn’t suit everyone as every situation is different.

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Jac

Mez wont work as the value of the land is less than the current land loan.

Tmr initial problem is avoiding having the existing lender wanting a cash reduction given that he has breached the Terms of the current mortgage and their security is dimished.

As Michael has said there is often a way as long as the rest of the deal stacks up.

No one said it was going to be cheap but could be done with the right numbers.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of tmrtmr
    @tmr
    Shape wrote:
    If you could provide some numbers, LVR and how much savings you have etc might be able to work something out…no promises :)

Done a loan for a client in a very simliar situation, Client knock down the property and realize 3 month alter the land value is less then they expected + they had no deposit to make up for the short fall or to start the construction.

Approached us; we supplied private finance of $85,000 secured against their 2 cars and had to refinance their loan over to an acceptable lender that was willing to accept non genuine savings construction ( ie the private personal loan) over 80% LVR.

Doesn’t suit everyone as every situation is different.

Regards
    Michael

Hi,

Will email some information to you this weekend.

Cheers

Mark

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.