All Topics / Help Needed! / How to get foot into the door

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Profile photo of winadilwinadil
    Participant
    @winadil

yeah i saw that on the tv and went to the website but it is only for new houses only and there are no new houses alice springs:(

Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799

This is a very interesting question.

Do you have a job ? or  a business or any income stream ?

If you spend less than what you earn you should have "SAVING".

If you can show someone that you have a period of saving, then I believe someone will lend you money.

I know vendor finance people willing to lend the buyer 100% of property price. But the cost of the money will be high.

Money will never be a problem for who has ability to make repayment on time.
    The problem is the cost of the money.
    If you want the cost of the money to be low then you have to save hard and go to the traditional way.
    if you don't mind to the high interest rate, then show and proof some vendor financier you have able to make repayment, I am show once they are satisfied with your proof. They will give you a loan.

this is my 2 cents.

TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799

I am also interested to know if there is any loan assistance from NSW government for purchase their own home ?

TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

propertyplayer
    Participant
    @propertyplayer

i had this problem when i started invesitng, but foruntately mum dad let me use the equity in the family home to get started, this was back in 2001, since then i have been able to refinance and pay them back ;-)

so work out, but don't over do it, it's their retirement savings you might be playing with.

i know a few friends also get together to buy a place together, and when 50/50 but one person borrow more money and the other person put in more cash deposit, just depends on what works out for them

in terms of goverment programs, other then the first home owner grants and first home saver accounts? that about all that i have seen.

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

It's interesting to see how many people had to do it the old fashioned way of saving a deposit. (yes so did I, and we had to jump through every hoop being self employed!)

It depends on how interested you are in getting there. If you are really motivated think about things that you have the you can sell. Can you catch a train to work and sell your car? Can you have a cheaper car and sell the one you have? Do you have any collectibles you can sell? What about eBay, do you have things you no longer need that you can clear out and put that money towards a deposit.

Then it comes down to saving. Keep a money diary if you don't know where you pay goes. Do the hard yards now then live it up later when you have plenty moneys :)

If you have unique skills then get another better paying job for now, or try to get paid for what you can do.

Good luck!

Cheers

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.