All Topics / General Property / Making an Offer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of TroodsTroods
    @troods

Hi

I am new at this……..both putting in an offer for a property and participating in a forum.  I have just put an offer in for a property which was rejected.  The agent said the vendor was not even going to come back with a counter offer.  My question is, should I have received something in writing and how do I know the offer was presented to the vendor?  BTW the agent called me back with this information within minutes of me e-mailing the O & A Contract.

Troods

Profile photo of Nick KirlewNick Kirlew
    Participant
    @nick-kirlew

To the best of my knowledge the agent has to put any reasonable offer to the vendor.
    We have stood accross the back garden and traded bids with the agent and vendor so it certainly does happen without any documentation.
    Would you offer a higher number to try and find the vendors interest point?

Profile photo of TroodsTroods
    @troods

Thanks Nick. Yes I would offer more if a counter offer was made. The way I see it is I have signed a contract committing to the offer along with a deposit, if accepted. While I have nothing in writing rejecting my offer I feel I am bound by it. I’m not sure what the normal process is.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Troods

Either the offer was low ball or the vendor has unrealistic expectations. Work out the max your willing to spend – if it’s more than what you’ve already offered, provide the revised offer with a time limit for a response. Don’t go straight to your max offer – allow a little wiggle room for negotiations.

Also find out what’s motivating them to sell – sometimes you can incorporate other things into the offer such as long/short settlement, rent back, ect.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Where did you get the offer price? What is it worth? Are you willing to go to that price?
    What discussions have you had with the agent? eg does he know you have more money? Did he suggest signing a contract knowing the vendor would not accept your bid? If it was such a low offer did he not tell you you'd have no chance?
    In NSW the agent must present all offers unless the vendor requests not to present offers under a certain price.

Sorry about all the questions but there's not enough info.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.